AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A part of type Valve... error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Boxx250
332 Views, 3 Replies

A part of type Valve... error

Valve will not insert from the P&ID Line List palette into Plant3D model. The following message occurs:

part type not found.png

The part is indeed in the spec, so where is the software looking for the valve? Can anyone briefly elaborate on how this portion of the P&ID & Plant3D interface works?  

Thanks!

(Cross-posted to the Plant P&ID Forum)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blorich
in reply to: Boxx250

Is it a custom made valve?  How was the valve made?

Message 3 of 4
Boxx250
in reply to: blorich

It is a standard valve that came with the Spears catalogue (which could be a problem in itself). I'm wondering if this error has something to do with the original set-up of the P&ID. Does the spec chosen in the P&ID actually look at anything in the Plant3D spec or catalogue? Is there a correlation between the two?

Message 4 of 4
blorich
in reply to: Boxx250

Not really.  What I have noticed is that the P&ID will match Spec names, but when it comes to valves and tagging it doesnt look to match that, it looks what what is in the spec.  If you valve is in the catalog and not in the spec it will not find it.  For example:

I have a custom spec named CS300, in this spec I have a valve named  GV300.   In P&ID software I create a primary line and assign the spec as CS300.  I take and insert a valve in this line and miss tag it GV400.  When I go to Plant 3D drawings and create my piping model, using the P&ID line list pallet to insert the line and then the gate valve, it still inserts a valve, it will insert GV300 becuase its in the spec even though I told it to insert a GV400.  

So the P&ID doesnt follow the specs like PLant3d modeling does.  But as long as your valve is in the spec you assigned in the P&ID it still should insert it.   This is a spec driven program. Once you add something to the spec it doesnt go back and reference the catalog.  For example if you create a spec from a catalog, then delete the catalog, you will still be able to pipe because the program looks at specs, does not search catalogs.  Bentley had a nice feature that would allow you to do this but  Plant3d does not.

I hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost