AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64bit Ribbon

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sreid13
867 Views, 4 Replies

64bit Ribbon

Hi,

I have a problem on all of our 64bit machines in Plant 3D 2010 and 2011. Comparing to the 32bit version the ribbon is missing commands and drop downs. for instance the drop downs for line number, spec and size are all missing on the home tab.

When creating an ortho the ribbon is blank once it switches to the model to specify the limit box, which makes making orthos impossible because I cant change the scale or confirm the ortho.

Can this be fixed really soon because i have reported this before when using 2010 and there is still no improvement. I believe the 2012 beta also has the same issue.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
subsales
in reply to: sreid13

I am using a 64bit version also, but all the ribbon items are there. You're not on a networked CUI? Have you installed the latest SP and hotfix?

And you're sure it does it on EVERY machine?

Message 3 of 5
Layout-Bob
in reply to: sreid13

Do you have your 3D piping workspace loaded? If its not existing you can type "menu" and load the PnP-file. Take a look at my capture.

Edit: I see now that this probably not is a solution for you. Anyway its a nice thing to know 🙂

Message 4 of 5
PeterQuinn
in reply to: Layout-Bob

Are the 64 bit machines using a different font size (DPI) from the 32 bit machines? It's possible that there is a problem with larger or smaller fonts than what the program is expecting. 

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
sreid13
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Hi Peter,

Your solution has seemed to work. I had the DPI set to the default 100% and when I changed it to something larger the ribbon icons reappeared. After changing it back to 100% DPI it has seemed to have kept the buttons on the ribbon.

This also could be not just a 64 bit problem but a windows 7 problem because all the 64 bit machines we have here are windows 7 and all the 32 bit machines are vista.

This needs to be fixed especially seems the solution is so simple but so abstract to why it could be the be problem in the first place.

Thanks for everyones help 🙂

Regards,

Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost