AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 BOM annotation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JohnHolder
861 Views, 4 Replies

2015 BOM annotation

Is there ANY way to be able to select the pipe/fitting then assign the tags....

I am having issues getting PDO Teams BOM creation tool to work with 2015 ( It acutally works compared to autodesks BOM utility )

Having used the CreateBom utility from the PDO team, I guess I am spoiled with a functioning BOM program.

Being able to select the pipe/fittings I want to tag.. is great.  makes everything easy to organize.  Just attempting to use the BOM thing that autodesk put out is just frustrating.

John.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JohnHolder
in reply to: JohnHolder

Using it a bit more.. even more frustrated.

issues inclue

difficulty changing the precision ( I don't need 4 decimal places on the length of pipe ( in inches ))

difficulty changing the colour of the text - some is blue some is black ( same table )

some of the table lines are missing.

is all or nothing for tagging pipe/fittings. 

again.  I seriously hope it is just frustration and not simply horribly written BOM tables and annotation.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
Master Yoda.
Message 3 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: JohnHolder

We will be updating our plugin to work with 2015. Well probably put it in the app store. I'm out of the office right note but I'll keep our blog updated with news.
Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 4 of 5
jheisler56
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Hello Dave,

I'm searching for BOM functionality for our ortho drawings and have been very frustrated with Plant 3D 2015 Ortho Bom functionality.

For starters, the The Ortho View Bill of Materials tool forces me to pick a viewport to establish a source for the BOM. That's fine, but then I'm stuck with the BOM this procedure gives me. I cannot get to any query or programming behind the BOM to customize at all. I have several reasons for needing to tweak the OTB BOM. One is that I may want to show equipment items in my BOM which the OTB BOM doesn't. Also the OTB Bom groups bolt sets by pipe diameter not bolt lenth, so I'll have different boltsets grouped together, which makes no sense. Another thing (which may be a pipe dream - no pun intended- would be to have Bom on a sheet by itself and still be able to use the "BOM Annotation" bubbling feature.

If I create my own BOM using report creator (which I have done) It's better, however, I cannot then use the BOM Annotation feature, so if my model changes and thereby my item numbers shift in the BOM I created, then my manual bubbling will be all off.

I heard your company has developed a BOM app that actually works for real world designers, if this is true i would be interested in it. I checked PDO site and autodesk exchange but did not see. Would appreciate your expertise in this area.

Jeff Heisler

Plant 3D 2015 Implementation Contractor

Seven Seas Water

Tampa, FL.

863-838-8039

jheisler@7seaswater.com

Message 5 of 5
JohnHolder
in reply to: jheisler56

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-general/plant-3d-create-bom-plugin-released/td-p/3172...

it only works for upto P3D 2014.  2015 needs a new utility.

This is the main reason I havn't migrated to 2015.

John.

Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost