AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 & Locking pipe locations

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
philip
1123 Views, 5 Replies

2013 & Locking pipe locations

Is there a way to lock a pipe in position so it can't move.

And before you ask YES I have applied hte lock by right clicking on a selected line and applying that lock.

Just that way the pipe is still able to be moved.

Had this problem early on in the Plant 3D 2010/2011 time and thought it had been fixed.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dave.wolfe
in reply to: philip

There are three different types of locking in Plant 3D (that I can think of at the momet).  I have a feeling like I'm forgetting one.

1.  Placement locking.  I think this is more for making sure the inline objects stay in the same position with regard to the line they are in.  You can do placement locking by selecting objects, right clicking and Lock/Unlock Placement.  However, you can still use the move command and alter other aspects of the piping and components.  The grip editing on piping is turned off.

2.  Issue Locking.  I think this is the one you're thinking of.  You can lock the line for issuing so that it cannot be modified at all.  Issue locked lines are filtered out of the move commands.

3.  Layer locked.  You can use standard layer locking on Plant 3D objects.Make sure to lock the layer the piping is on and the fastener layer for the piping.  For example a line 104 would have a 104 layer and the 104_Fastener layer (depending on your layering convention).

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 6
philip
in reply to: dave.wolfe

thanks for repling

1. this was what i was using to lock location of pipes but it wasn't working (move something further down the pipe and would have other sections move on me)

2. not used this

3. fine if you are not still working on sections of pipe on that layer.

Message 4 of 6
dave.wolfe
in reply to: philip

Can't tell if I've answered your question or not.  

I'm not sure I really understand what they intended for the placement lock (1) to do.  

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 6

Could someone explain how to do the issue lock for piping? I would like to use this feature but can't find it in the plant3d settings.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6

Open the isometric tab in the project manager, with display by line number set, select a line number, right-click and choose lock line and issue.

4-22-2013 8-25-32 AM.png

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost