AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Bolt Length Issue For Machine Bolt

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Rcfuss
690 Views, 1 Reply

2012 Bolt Length Issue For Machine Bolt

I have 2 types of bolts in the spec stud and machine.  When I insert a 6" 150lb lug style valve I switch the priority boltset which is stud over to machine bolt.  The length I placed into the catalog for the machine bolt doesn't come through it defaults to 4" long.  Is the machine bolt taking on it's original length when it was a stud bolt? 

I have seen questions similar to this but no sollution.

Thank you,

Robert

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
viet_protocad
in reply to: Rcfuss

I believe this to be a bug in 2012-- you can change the bolt set by including both sets in the spec

and then when you CTRL + Left Click the bolt set, you can choose the set of your choice. You will know you're doing it right when you see a yellow triange (as opposed to a cyan triangle) that will allow you to change fasteners.

In my experience, everything changes EXCEPT for the bolt length. This was very frustrating for me, as the bolt length was the only thing that needed to be changed with all my different bolt sets.

So as a workaround, what I've done is type in all the different bolt sizes and lengths in the "Long Description (size)" property in the catalog editor.

Then in properties, I changed the BOM so that the template is "Grouped with independent columns"

Under "fasteners" I unchecked "ND" and instead inserted the "Long Description (size)" column instead. Then over-rode the header so that it still says "ND" just so it matches the other categories.

Its a little crude, but its the only way, at least, for me to not have to go and manually input the bolt different bolt lengths for different situations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost