AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 vs. 2012 issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
218 Views, 1 Reply

2011 vs. 2012 issues

Question 1: I recently got 2012 Plant 3D installed. When I work on projects from 2011 some of the piping in paperspace views I created are missing or only show half the pipe. This also varies on different computers. Meaning when I open the same project on a different machine the pipe will be missing in the iso view I created in papersapce, but on my machine within the same layout in paper sapce the iso view is correct, but the section, plan or elevation will be missing pipe. There seams to be no constancy in errors.

Question 2:  Does 2012 Plant 3D  have any way to generate a bill of material with call out bubbles shown in paperspace from a piping model created in model space? Also I do not want to create this using the ISO portion of Plant 3D.

Thanks,

CL

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Anonymous

With regard to question 2, we have a plugin that does it for ortho drawings:

http://www.pdoteam.com/store/create-bom-plugin/

I'm working now to get it to work with piping models. I'm putting the finishing touches on being able to use xrefs so it should be ready shortly (for 2013 only).

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost