AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0,0,0 is different in each drawing?!?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JohnHolder
899 Views, 2 Replies

0,0,0 is different in each drawing?!?

Base point being 0,0,0

the corner of the building is ( metric )

x 2500.0002 

y 2500.0002

z 0.000

I xref into 0,0,0

x becomes 12596.3578

y becomes 15912.5306

z 0.000

why does it shift? Shouldn't 0,0,0 always just freekn be 0,0,0?  why is it different drawing to drawing?

I have a structural model imported from revit ( 2d ) which everything is based off of.

a model with all the equpment with the structural model xrefed in.

a model with office equipment ( which I cannot have in the drawing that I use ORTHO's with since it does not work )

so everything is referenced to the structural model, which do NOT line up with 0,0,0 ( but they are in each drawing )

the rest was deleted - ranting and very frustrated with a bunch of issues that continually pop up with program functionality.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Dan.Scales
in reply to: JohnHolder

Hi John,

Check the BASEor INSBASE system variable is set to 0,0,0.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 3
JohnHolder
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Thank you!

Two of the drawings had the wrong base settings ( drawings I was provided with of course by a client. )

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost