AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Number Tag Format

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
JoseFlorante_Sese
465 Views, 8 Replies

Line Number Tag Format

Hello,

How to make the line number tag in one line, right now my line number has two lines, size is on top and the rest on the second line.

JoseFlorante_Sese_0-1710953630839.png

I want it be like this

JoseFlorante_Sese_1-1710953696777.png

Thanks for your help

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
h_eger
in reply to: JoseFlorante_Sese

@JoseFlorante_Sese ,

For space reasons, the line number TAG may be displayed in 2 lines during isogeneration. This is hardcoded and unfortunately cannot be customised.
How is the line number tag configured in Plant 3D?

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 9

Hello

The fact that the line number annotation is on two lines is because it is written with multiline text.
To resolve this problem you must create a new annotation block which will contain a non-multiline attribute definition and associate it with the line number annotation.

Process
Open project configuration

Step 1
In the iso symbols part, define a new block. I named it "AnnoStd" and used an existing block that I renamed.
In this "AnnoStd" block I created a new attribute of non-multiline type, retrieved the properties of the existing attribute, deleted the existing attribute and placed the new attribute at potion 0,0,0.

DVaquand_2-1710974757489.png

2nd step
Navigate to the XML code part of the iso style "IsoConfig.xml" file.
In the "Themes/Theme/Annotations/AnnotationStyles" section we create a new annotation style line. I named it "StandardLineNumber" by assigning it the "BlocName=AnnoStd" annotation block created in step 1.

DVaquand_0-1710974667672.png

Step 3
Still in the XML code, in the "Themes/Theme/Annotations/AnnotationSchemes" section we attribute to "LineNumberScheme" the name of the style "StandardLineNumber".

We record everything.

DVaquand_1-1710974692564.png

When running an iso output, the line number should now be written on a single line.
Due to its properties, the annotation comes from the "AnnoStd" block

See the video

== French ==

Le fait que l'annotation du numéro de ligne soit sur deux lignes provient qu'elle est écrite avec du texte multiligne.
Pour résoudre ce problème il faut créer un nouveau bloc d'annotation qui contiendra une définition d'attribut non multiligne et l'associer à l'annotation du numéro de ligne.

Processus
Ouvrir la configuration du projet

Etape 1
Dans la partie iso symboles, définir un nouveau bloc. Je l'ai nommé "AnnoStd" et je me suis servi d'un bloc existant que j'ai renommé.
Dans ce bloc "AnnoStd" j'ai créé un nouvel attribut de type non multiligne, récupéré les propriétés de l'attribut existant, supprimé l'attribut existant et placé le nouvel attribut à la potion 0,0,0.

Etape 2
Accédez à la partie code XML du fichier "IsoConfig.xml" du style iso.
Dans la section "Themes/Theme/Annotations/AnnotationStyles" on créé une nouvelle ligne de style d'annotation. Je l'ai nommé "StandardLineNumber" en lui attribuant le bloc d'annotation "BlocName=AnnoStd" créé à l'étape 1.

Etape 3
Toujour dans le code XML, dans la section "Themes/Theme/Annotations/AnnotationSchemes" on attribut à "LineNumberScheme" le nom du style "StandardLineNumber".

On enregistre le tout.

En lançant une sortie iso, le numéro de ligne doit être maintenant écrit sur une seule ligne.
De part ses propriétés, l'annotation provient bien du bloc "AnnoStd"

Cordialement
Dominique VAQUAND
www.dovaq.fr

Cette publication vous a-t-elle été utile ? N’hésitez pas à attribuer la mention J’aime à cette publication.
Avez-vous obtenu la réponse à votre question ? Cliquez ensuite sur le bouton ACCEPTER LA SOLUTION.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
JoseFlorante_Sese
in reply to: h_eger

Hi h_eger,

I set up the LineNumberScheme in isoconfig.xml like this 

JoseFlorante_Sese_0-1711023746988.png

The Tag Format Set up goes like this:

JoseFlorante_Sese_1-1711023865326.png

MPL is the Area in our project.

The size is a separate entity and was added in P&ID DWG Settings-Engineering Items-Pipe Line Segments, and on the Properties-Size, I've added Pipe_Size_Imperial_Decimal under Selection List Property and added those sizes in Imperial

JoseFlorante_Sese_2-1711024283099.png

Thank you for the reply.

Message 5 of 9
h_eger

@JoseFlorante_Sese ,

you need to add the OD, in your case "12in", to the LineNumberScheme in the IsoConfig.xml.
The Pipeline TAG and the OD marking are currently treated separately.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 6 of 9

Hi Dvaquand,

Thanks for your solution, I've followed the video and it really works.

One more thing, the line number tag was quite offset with the line. Do you have any solution for this?

JoseFlorante_Sese_0-1711040344600.png

Also, for the Iso Style I am using, isoconfig.xml, do I need to add these enclosed? They were not automatically added in my xml file.

JoseFlorante_Sese_3-1711041424979.png

JoseFlorante_Sese_2-1711040645250.png

My Isoconfig.xml

JoseFlorante_Sese_4-1711041512956.png

JoseFlorante_Sese_5-1711041713717.png

Thanks a lot.

Message 7 of 9
JoseFlorante_Sese

Hi h_eger,

What I did in my Tag Format Setup-P&ID Class Definition-Pipe Line Segments was I've changed the delimiter (-) to the word "in".  We are using Plant 3D P&ID to model our piping.

JoseFlorante_Sese_1-1711043013311.png

And on the LineNumberScheme, I've interchanged the size and the rest of line number tag and with space.

JoseFlorante_Sese_2-1711043199973.png

The result as shown below

JoseFlorante_Sese_3-1711043857961.png

Regards.

Message 8 of 9
h_eger

If you don't mind the nominal width in TAG format, everything is fine.
Good luck with your work with Plant 3D 😉

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
JoseFlorante_Sese

Yeah, it works fine with my set up.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report