AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set Isometrics sheets order ?!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Morpheus87
2012 Views, 5 Replies

how to set Isometrics sheets order ?!

Hello guys,

Is that anyway I can set the isometrics sheets order in P3D ?

In very long lines P3D set the sheets order in very strange way, it starts from the middle of the pipe to end in the both ends, I hope P3D has a head-tail feature like PDMS !

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
viet_protocad
in reply to: Morpheus87

In my experience, the iso generator can be a mixed bag, since it does start from wherever it wants.

What I've done as a work around is to assign line numbers to each section that you'd like to iso. For example, instead of assigning a line number as CHWS, for example, I'd do "CHWS-BLDG-FLOOR-SP-001," corresponding to whatevery your company does to keep track of systems.

Then do that for all the sectors of pipe. Its a little bit of extra work in the front end, but when you generate the isos, the names auto-generate to the line number so it reduces the amount of confusion.

I'd like to see what other people do, or if any have on any insight on how Plant generates iso names and break points.

Tags (3)
Message 3 of 6
milan_blom
in reply to: viet_protocad

We do the same. This way you assure the order of isometrics is the same every time.

It would be nice to be able to leave the line number alone and split the isometrics by another (custom) property. This is possible, i added a new proptery 'ISO Number' and split the iso's accordingly. This works, but the only problem is that I have not found a way to get this number on the iso sheet.

The problem here is that only properties from the P3D Linegroup can be put on the iso sheet. The ISO Number property is on the components themselves to be able to plit the line.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: milan_blom

P3D Linegroup properties can be pulled through into ISO's.

Once you have added a new P3D Linegroup property, then,

In Project Setup, Isometric DWG Settings, edit Title Block,

Create your 'ISO Number' attribute within your drawing border/drawing area as required.

From Ribbon, select Title Block Attributes, select Map attributes.

The 'Map Title Block Attributes' window is populated with your Block Attributes & P3D Linegroup properties.

Simply match a drawing border attribute with a P3D attribute to carry Component data through to the ISO.

I hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
viet_protocad
in reply to: Anonymous

wow what a cool idea. Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
PeterQuinn
in reply to: viet_protocad

In AutoCAD Plant 3D 2016, you can explicitly set the start point on a piping component. This makes sure that component is on the first sheet and that subsequent sheets are in connected order.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost