AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components aren't available or displayed in custom parts dialog box of AutoCAD Plant 3D - 2022

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jleininger4Q25E
240 Views, 4 Replies

Components aren't available or displayed in custom parts dialog box of AutoCAD Plant 3D - 2022

hello all, I need support to understand what's wrong.

We are expecting to swith from plant3D 2019 to 2022. Any project created on plant3D 2019 can be open corretly on the newest version. no issue in term of spec and catalogs, P&ID or pipework creation/modification. the only sticking point is the creation of Custom Part (other custom for support/equipment are ok).

The selection of the object class is empty!!!

No issues on the default project, everything work correctly.

I've followed instruction on the following webpage but didn't helped: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-plant-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

I've compared project setup between the 2022 default project and my 2019 project (tried on several in case it was corrupted). Parameters look okay but I'm might be wrong and not looking in the right direction.

Do you have any idea?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jw7018
in reply to: jleininger4Q25E

Just a guess: is your Custom Parts spec in your CPak Common folder of your shared content folder pathed in your project? Have you tried a reinstall or install on another machine?

jw7018_0-1634132312381.png

Message 3 of 5
h_eger
in reply to: jleininger4Q25E

Dear @jleininger4Q25E ,

the problem lies in the restructuring of the content folder in Plant 3D 2022. This unfortunately differs from all previous Plant 3D versions.

see this link from @dave.wolfe 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-forum/plant-3d-2022-doesn-t-recognize-shared-content... 

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
jleininger4Q25E
in reply to: jw7018

I tried on 3 different machines and 5 different projects, where specs were stored locally and 2 which were stored on the local network.

Message 5 of 5
jleininger4Q25E
in reply to: h_eger

thanks for those details, It's really anoying as everything else is working okay. I'll have a try next week and setup and new project with our custom properties.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost