AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

rrui00
Message 1 of 2 (374 Views)

Working In Paper Space vs Model Space

374 Views, 1 Replies
04-13-2012 08:50 AM

I have a project and I am working all my P&IDs in paper space.  The reason to do that is because I do not have to use view ports or create different layers etc (in Mechanical P&ID this has never been a problem).

I am having some problems with AutoCad P&ID software and somebody told me that it could be related to creating P&IDs in paper space and not in model space, is that right?

Valued Mentor
dennis
Message 2 of 2 (204 Views)

Re: Working In Paper Space vs Model Space

09-23-2013 11:19 AM in reply to: rrui00

I have experimented with doing everything on the MODEL tab, everything in a Layout tab VIEWPORT, everything in a Layout tab MAXIMIZED VP, and everything in PAPERSPACE.  The only gotcha I have seen is when you use an OFF-PAGE Connector to "Open Connected DWG", it seems to always go to the MODEL tab.  Also, a lesser problem, is the WORKSPACES seem to be pre-configured to goto the MODEL tab, but can be corrected by going resaving the workspaces with the Layout active.

Side note: if you mix it up, a little in the MODEL tab, a little in PAPER and a little in the VP, then your "ZOOM TO" really gets confused.

I like the concept of working totally in PAPER, but I am thinking the program "likes" the MODEL tab.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.