Valued Contributor
Carl_mgfx
Message 1 of 4 (432 Views)
Accepted Solution

Valve Scaling Issue

432 Views, 3 Replies
01-28-2014 05:23 AM

Hi all

I have seen similar threads for this but none seem to have work a-rounds that'll work for this case. I have generated symbol blocks for some valves and found that they preview rather large on insert and when inserted assume the correct size (10mm x 5mm as drawn).  If I set the symbol scale from 10 down to 1, the preview is the correct size but then when inserted the symbol scales down to 1mm x 0.5mm.

So following this example i left the scale factor at 10 and made due with the rather large preview.... BUT... now when I insert a control valve and choose the same valve body, it is inserted at a scale of 10 (100mm x 5mm).

How can I control the scaling between hand valves and control valves so that they insert correctly?

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Gigabyte Q1542, Win 7 Pro 64Bit, i5 - 3230M, 8 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics with Nvidia GeForce 640M / 2GB and Optimus

Thank you for sending the project. So I could look for it and I see that the ball valve block, opened in the block editor via project configuration, has a length from left to right of 10 units. All other valves like check valves have only the length of 1. So scale this block to the length of 1 and this will solve the issue for you.

In summary do that:

• Open project configuration of your project
  • Switch to the node 'P&ID DWG Settings - P&ID DWG Class Defintions - Engineering Items - Inline Assets - Hand Valves - Ball Valve
  • Click 'Edit Block'
  • Scale the block: Base point 0,0, scale factor 0.1
  • Save the block

Regards

Bernd

Product Support
gersteb
Message 2 of 4 (373 Views)

Re: Valve Scaling Issue

01-31-2014 06:52 AM in reply to: Carl_mgfx

There is something wrong in your project settings. I will send you a separate email with the access data for a FTP-site. Please, upload there the project.

Regards

Bernd

Bernd Gerstenberger
Product Support
gersteb
Message 3 of 4 (346 Views)

02-06-2014 08:00 AM in reply to: Carl_mgfx

Thank you for sending the project. So I could look for it and I see that the ball valve block, opened in the block editor via project configuration, has a length from left to right of 10 units. All other valves like check valves have only the length of 1. So scale this block to the length of 1 and this will solve the issue for you.

In summary do that:

• Open project configuration of your project
  • Switch to the node 'P&ID DWG Settings - P&ID DWG Class Defintions - Engineering Items - Inline Assets - Hand Valves - Ball Valve
  • Click 'Edit Block'
  • Scale the block: Base point 0,0, scale factor 0.1
  • Save the block

Regards

Bernd

Bernd Gerstenberger
Contributor
alex_the_fox
Message 4 of 4 (328 Views)

02-07-2014 03:04 AM in reply to: gersteb

I have an additional question regarding the scaling in P&ID.

As i started my recent project I used 2 different templates to create my drawings.

So I got 2 drawings created from 2 different templates. 

Now i created symbols and lines ect. When i draw them in drawing 1 i have the right scaling that i want but in drawing 2 it has another scaling. I didnt change the factos of the symbols it self but it seem as there are scaling factors in the background of each drawing. I never found an option to change it.

And it has nothing to do with the conversion of inches to cm, i already checked that.

does anyone have an idea?

Greetings _ have a nice weekend

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.