AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

frankmoors
Message 21 of 36 (977 Views)

Re: User Wish List Items-P&ID

07-18-2011 06:09 AM in reply to: EileenForan

We use P&ID as master document for our whole project. It would be nice to have a complete material list. Now the list contains only Engineering items. For export to our purchase database it would be nice to have the non engineering items in this list. 

Contributor
SLCrotty
Message 22 of 36 (973 Views)

07-18-2011 08:36 AM in reply to: frankmoors

We are working on setting up a number of PID drawings that we hope to use as templates for on going and future projects.  We have set up our own Tag Format for our valves and process lines that use the drawing number as part of the valve or process line tag.  However, when you open this template and change the drawing number none of the tags for the valves or the process lines automatically update.  You have to go out and 'touch' each line and valve to get the correct drawing number to be updated in the tag.  Yes this is better than having to start from scratch for every drawing, but since this information is being pulled from a system varible (General.DWG Number) it should update automatically when the valuse of this field is changed.

KurtzDavid
Message 23 of 36 (823 Views)

10-16-2011 01:48 AM in reply to: EileenForan
Hello listed is our list of wish list / Bugs we came across when working with the AutoCAD P&ID 2012. 1. When inserting a new element to my design I get the assign tag dialog that prevents me from creating two elements with the same tag. I think it makes sense to get the same dialog when copying an element and not trusting the drafter to go in it manually and set it correctly. 2. When inserting an inline element it will always set its orientation along the line, sometimes we need to be able to insert an element on a vertical line but instead of connecting it along its horizontal connection points, to connect it to its vertical insertion points. 3. PDIT, in our design we use PDIT instrument so we need to be able to create a symbol that will pull its data (Pressure) from both lines it's connected to. 4. When creating a new symbol I can add it to my tool pallet with one click only, same when I want to add it to the substation pallet but if I want to do the same with a line symbol I have to go through the full via dolorosa, I need to create the symbol using Photoshop and then if I want to add it to the substation pallet I have to edit the XML manually using an XML editor. Regards, David. dudik@ide-tech.com
Valued Mentor
ybogdanov
Message 24 of 36 (746 Views)

12-30-2011 02:25 PM in reply to: KurtzDavid

During using the rule of autogenerate number of TAG, if the tags were delete before is dificult turn to the delete numbers. For example, my valve tags started on 100 and have increment 1, after inserting 50 valves I need delete from 120 to 130 valves. But if after deleting I go to insert new valve it will be 151, and not 120 which I want.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Valued Contributor
Arthur_Dent
Message 25 of 36 (720 Views)

01-26-2012 12:35 PM in reply to: EileenForan
I'd like to have a way to automatically concatenate 2 fields to make a single field for the instrument bubble tag number. Some of our projects have a 2-digit area number and a 3-digit instrument number. I'd like to be able to enter the area number separately from the instrument number and have them concatenated and shown in the bottom of the bubble.
JOGN
Message 26 of 36 (705 Views)

02-09-2012 01:05 AM in reply to: EileenForan

I'd like to be able to make a combination field just like the tag field, in wich I can combinate the entry's of multiple fields (properties).

Also I would like to see an extended off-page connector programming function. For example my connectors contain two numbers. The first is the number of the connector itself, the second is the number of the connector it's connected to. With the current design options there is no possiblity to fill in the second number automatically upon connection of the two connectors.  

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 27 of 36 (575 Views)

09-11-2012 04:01 PM in reply to: EileenForan

Currently there is an option to set the end-connections of an inline asset. It would be nice to have the option to set varying end-connections on inline assets as well. For example, if the inlet of a valve was welded, but the outlet had a flange. This would be helpful information when it comes to reporting.

Thanks!

Contributor
michael.lucas
Message 28 of 36 (573 Views)

09-11-2012 08:36 PM in reply to: EileenForan

BUG FIX: In P&ID 2013 zoom & pan do odd things - often locking so that all of the drawing can't be accessed.  Seems to be particular to Plant3D/ P&ID 2013 in 2D mode - didn't seem to happen in 2012, and the 2013 versions of vanilla AutoCAD and AutoCAD mechanical don't have this issue.

WISHLIST: Integration with Vault and 360 cloud to make collaboration and version control easier (as per every other flavor of AutoCAD which already has some level of integration!)

WISHLIST: When copying drawings that have been created in one project into another project, if the drawing has custom items & properties that are not in the new project, give us the option of auto-importing these properties (e.g. a piece of equipment, a line group type etc)  This would make it easier to merge multiple projects.  If there are properties between project and copied in drawing with matching names but different values, then allow us to select which one takes precedence and will be kept.

Contributor
michael.lucas
Message 29 of 36 (571 Views)

09-11-2012 09:08 PM in reply to: EileenForan

Further to my post above - could we have the features from ACPlant's PlantSync in AutoCAD P&ID as native features to allow synchronising settings and properties between existing projects?

Contributor
nikoR
Message 30 of 36 (568 Views)

09-12-2012 12:41 AM in reply to: EileenForan

Possibility to override Pipe Segment's To and From information.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.