AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

SandraJane
Message 11 of 36 (1,120 Views)

Re: User Wish List Items-P&ID

02-26-2010 11:04 AM in reply to: EileenForan
When a new symbol is defined in one project, there should be an easy way to copy the symbol into another existing project, and carry all of the class definitions values along with it. Something like Export Symbol, and Import Symbol.
Contributor
blueoct1
Message 12 of 36 (1,120 Views)

03-02-2010 05:57 AM in reply to: EileenForan
To be able to choose a text style, font, etc. for ALL items that have text associated with it. Right now, as far as I know, I have to go into every single item and individually change it which is very time consuming! Yes I realize that once I do it for one project, I can use that as a baseline, however, there have been times where we have had to start with a new project.
SandraJane
Message 13 of 36 (1,121 Views)

04-14-2010 10:18 AM in reply to: EileenForan
Data Manager improvements

I wish there was a way to save the rearrangement of the columns in the DataManager. When I rearrange columns in the datamanager to suit my preferences, the rearranged columns do not apply to all sub classes.

Example, Equipment class is arranged to my liking, but I have to go into every single sub type of equipment, and the I have to rearrange the columns for each type of equipment so I can see the classes that we have added to our customized project.

Ditto for Instrumentation, etc. You have to do the rearranging in every single class if you want to see the class definition fields that we have added. Added class definitions appear out to the far right of the DataManager.

Also, for multiple users of a project, the rearrangement is specific to the user. If there was a way to save, export and import the arrangement, it would be a great timesaver so the multiple users are looking at the data in the same way.

Additionally, when the project is cloned, all of the columns are reset and this task has to be done yet again, at each users station.

Very frustrating.

Sandra
MBonit
Message 14 of 36 (1,121 Views)

05-14-2010 02:44 AM in reply to: EileenForan
The Symbols Settings dialogue box should retain the last settings entered rather than returning to the defaults.
Contributor
ronjanssen30
Message 15 of 36 (1,121 Views)

05-19-2010 05:08 AM in reply to: EileenForan
The option Associate should be available between different line segments. For example when I draw a main pipe line and give it all sorts of process and mechanical properties, I also want those properties to be filled into a drain line which I connect to the main pipe line.
nasom
Message 16 of 36 (1,121 Views)

05-19-2010 08:28 AM in reply to: EileenForan
The ability to add symbols from any palette. If drawing was created in PIP, I still want to add ISA symbols.
nasom
Message 17 of 36 (1,122 Views)

05-19-2010 08:28 AM in reply to: EileenForan
Have an easy to install new equipment that was made on a new project. If i create new Project to replace some equipment, i need an easy way to import the project to create the new equipment on the another existing project.
Distinguished Contributor
chillme1
Message 18 of 36 (1,121 Views)

05-28-2010 10:36 AM in reply to: EileenForan
IMPROVEMENTS

Add a method to import/export classes to/from other projects.
General maintenance can be improved. Customizations are all or nothing now.
In my current customized project, an Instrumentation subclass has become corrupted.
There is no available method to preserve the project customizations and migrate only the
properly functioning subclasses to another project.

Improve the quality and quantity of items covered in the documentation.
Some items were not properly covered in previous documentation i.e., the definition of the line hierachy numbers (1 thru 5).
More customization topics could be included in a standard manual that is freely available after the software's purchase.

Improve line modification to be more predictable when connected to equipment.
Quirky zig zags can occur when re-routing connected process lines.

Reduce dependency on custom objects
The application's DWG file should not have to be exported to work seamlessly with vanilla versions of AutoCAD.

The above reasons have led to search and purchase a more mature and easily maintainable plant design solution.
We see no need in investing any additional of our company's time to debug items that should have been
addressed before the application's release.

Clint Hill
Thanks for your comments,

Clint Hill
Contributor
ronjanssen30
Message 19 of 36 (1,121 Views)

06-01-2010 02:04 AM in reply to: EileenForan
When I use the substitute command for valves or other components, the Tag and other process information goes blank. I want this information to be the same as the original valve.
At the start of a project all valves are inserted as globe valves, but when progressing into the project, the valves are replaced by specific types.

It should also be possible to;
- password protect the P&ID DWG Settings and the P&ID Class Definitions.
- create a new class directly under Inline Assets
- remove System Properties and Selection Lists
- rearrange the properties under all items
- copy the properties from one class to another
Cartman7410
Message 20 of 36 (853 Views)

05-16-2011 02:11 PM in reply to: EileenForan

I would like to see a more efficient publish. One where you can set the publish destination and name to each drawing separately; so for those of us who have multiple folders for our DWF’s, every time we publish a drawing  we don’t have to change the name and set the location it would get them from the drawing properties.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.