Mentor
gschimmi
Message 1 of 6 (747 Views)
Accepted Solution

Update annotations of the same object in different PIDs

747 Views, 5 Replies
09-27-2012 11:26 PM

Hello

when I have an object on two PIDs (the symbols are connected) and change a property in one drawing, the referenced annotation will be updated in the second drawing only when it is opened at the same time. Is that correct?

Shouldn't all database references updated when opening a drawing?

Thanks

Guido

Plant3D 2014 German
WIN7

Hi Guido,

Yes and no. If you edit the symbol, for example you change the color of the symbol, this will be synchronized here. But if you change a block, this is not effected by SYNCSTYLESMODE because the blocks are saved in a separate DWG. Please, test it. I n your first request you asked 'Shouldn't all database references updated when opening a drawing?' This is what SYNCSTYLESMODE does with the right value. But it is not possible to update only separate values from the database.  

Best regards

Bernd

Product Support
gersteb
Message 2 of 6 (704 Views)

Re: Update annotations of the same object in different PIDs

10-02-2012 07:46 AM in reply to: gschimmi

Hi Guido,

This behavior depends on your setting for the system variable SYNCSTYLESMODE. By default it has the value of 42. Change this to 43. This includes synchronization when you are opening P&ID drawings. Look here in the help for a better understanding of the values of the system variable: http://docs.autodesk.com/PNID/2013/DEU/

Please, let me know if this helps.

Regards

Bernd

Bernd Gerstenberger
Mentor
gschimmi
Message 3 of 6 (685 Views)

10-03-2012 10:43 PM in reply to: gersteb

Hi Bernd,

what I understand from the help is that this variable is responsible for the update  of drawings when there are changes in the project configuration.

Regards Guido

Plant3D 2014 German
WIN7
Product Support
gersteb
Message 4 of 6 (676 Views)

10-04-2012 04:43 AM in reply to: gschimmi

Hi Guido,

Not for the project configuration but for database - and tags will be saved in the database (in this case in the piping.dcf). So do you have tried it? I have created a video here to show you: http://screencast.com/t/IytGEJigNS

Please, inform me if this is helpful.

Thanks

Bernd

Bernd Gerstenberger
Mentor
gschimmi
Message 5 of 6 (664 Views)

10-04-2012 09:52 PM in reply to: gersteb

Hi Bernd,

thanks for your answer.

But if PID makes an update according to syncstylesmode also all blocks/symbols will be updated with the project configuration. And so dynamic blocks that I have changed in the drawing will be reseted.

I need a way that only values from the database will be updated.

best regards

Plant3D 2014 German
WIN7
Product Support
gersteb
Message 6 of 6 (631 Views)

10-09-2012 01:21 AM in reply to: gschimmi

Hi Guido,

Yes and no. If you edit the symbol, for example you change the color of the symbol, this will be synchronized here. But if you change a block, this is not effected by SYNCSTYLESMODE because the blocks are saved in a separate DWG. Please, test it. I n your first request you asked 'Shouldn't all database references updated when opening a drawing?' This is what SYNCSTYLESMODE does with the right value. But it is not possible to update only separate values from the database.  

Best regards

Bernd

Bernd Gerstenberger
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.