AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Contributor
$_Michael
Message 1 of 4 (411 Views)

Update annotations not possible

411 Views, 3 Replies
03-25-2013 05:42 AM

Dear PID user,

this is my first post here and i did not realy found a solution for my problem in the past postings.

I have annotated all manual valves with a annotation style which shows 2 text lines:

Line 1 >> The pipe Diameter

Line 2 >> The TAG of the valve (Format: Line Number (aquisition from line) + valve code + number + service-code)

(see also attachements)

In some drawings (not every drawing) I want to change e.g. the diameter of the pipe using the "property dialog" or the "Assing Tag" dialog. Normally this modification will change all diameters in the valves, which have been placed to this line. But in some cases the changes of the valve anotations will not be done automatically. I have to klick the "synchoroniszie" button of the datamanager. The changes of the valve diameters are in any cases made in the database, only tha anotation is not updated. If I delete the annotation and reinsert it with the annotation dialog, the changes are also adopted. If move the valve beside the line, and move it back, the annotation is also updated.

I also tried to change the default value (42) of syncstylesmode to 1 or 43, but the problem is not fixed.

I also created a new project and copied all drawings to this new project, but without success.

I also installed the hotfix for data integrity.

It would be nice if anyone coud help me.

Thanks in advance !

Michael

ACAD PID 2013, SP1 Win 7 / 64 bit

ACAD PID 2013 (SP1), PID 2014
Win 7 64 bit
*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 2 of 4 (394 Views)

Re: Update annotations not possible

03-25-2013 06:53 AM in reply to: $_Michael
Try syncstyles command. And 42 means the drawing will only be refresh during open if the ProjectSymbolStyle is modified. Set it to 63 if you want it to always refresh (synchstyles) when you open a drawing. Normally, i would set it to 42. If not try the tools which i publish on my site.
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Contributor
$_Michael
Message 3 of 4 (370 Views)

03-26-2013 12:07 AM in reply to: Rave.Tam

Dear RaveTam,

thanks for your suggestions.

I tested it with the synchstyle command, and the annotations are updated. But it realy waste my time, if I always have to run the command "synchstyle" or klick the button Synchronisize. If you have many drawings in your project, the command takes a while to update the database, and this is verry tendious.

Maybe that is an bug in ACAD P&ID?

Greetings

Michael

ACAD PID 2013 (SP1), PID 2014
Win 7 64 bit
*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 4 of 4 (355 Views)

03-26-2013 06:47 AM in reply to: $_Michael

Easiest way is to set syncystylesmode to 63. That way, drawing will always stay updated. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.