AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Valued Contributor
hinde
Message 1 of 7 (337 Views)

Throttled Valves

337 Views, 6 Replies
02-29-2012 09:19 AM

I am having issues with Throttled Valves show up correctly in the P&ID drawing. I created the new symbols in the ProjectSymbolStyle drawing and added them to the Project Setup. When I try to change a globe valve from OPEN to THROTTLED, it shows as an open gate valve symbol. It still says that it is a globe valve, but doesnt show the valve being hatched on the one side. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Eric

Active Contributor
BrianLund
Message 2 of 7 (328 Views)

Re: Throttled Valves

02-29-2012 11:30 AM in reply to: hinde

Are you using "Open/Close State" to do this?

Brian Lund
GEA Process Engineering, Inc.
Columbia, MD
brian.lund@geagroup.com
Valued Contributor
hinde
Message 3 of 7 (323 Views)

02-29-2012 12:12 PM in reply to: BrianLund

I am using the Open/Close State when i try it.

Active Contributor
BrianLund
Message 4 of 7 (320 Views)

02-29-2012 12:32 PM in reply to: hinde

OK, A couple of things to check.

-The alternate symbol must be as a second available symbol for that particular class. For example if you are doing something with a ball valve you would go to the ball valve class and add your alternate symbol to that using the "Add Symbols" button.

-Next find the "Normally" property under ball valve and click edit. This is what sets what you see in the open close state command and the block that is associated with it. Property Value is what you see when you click Open/Close State and Block Value is the corresponding block. You can add as many as you want.

-At the "Normally" property click the down arrow for Default Value. It should only show the selections you have put in.

If all of this is set correctly then go to the pulldown above the symbol and see what's there. If there are any symbols that you aren't using get rid of them.

One last thing to check is the GraphicalStyleName property and set that to whatever is your default symbol.

Let me know if any of this works.

Brian Lund
Columbia, MD
brian.lund@geagroup.com
Valued Contributor
hinde
Message 5 of 7 (315 Views)

02-29-2012 02:19 PM in reply to: BrianLund

I have double checked and i followed all of the steps, and the globe valve still doesnt work.

Active Contributor
BrianLund
Message 6 of 7 (300 Views)

03-01-2012 05:35 AM in reply to: hinde

The only other suggestion I would have is to run the purge utility in the drawing and see if the gate valve symbol is listed and if so purge it. Other than that just make sure everything is spelled correctly everywhere. I've done stuff were I swear I've checked it 10 ways from Sunday only to check it one more time and find a misspell.

Brian Lund
Columbia, MD
brian.lund@geagroup.com
*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 7 of 7 (291 Views)

03-01-2012 08:05 PM in reply to: hinde

Had a problem once, it works perfectly the first time, but when i start remove and re-add the Symbol List property, it doesn't work anymore.

Check the xml file, its XXX_PnIdPart.xml. Or post it here

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.