AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Active Contributor
tim.grace
Message 11 of 15 (338 Views)

Re: So what do you guys think of AutoCAD P&ID so far

01-27-2010 11:23 AM in reply to: Zuccus
I for one am not impressed with the performance... It runs a bit on the "scratchy" side. (2010) I am running mine on a fairly good spec laptop. In terms of what you can do with the software I am very impressed. As one member remarked ... "still waiting for a reply from Autodesk." I am a stand alone on my tod freelance engineer so do not have the money backing of a huge corporate... feel somewhat ripped off... a lot of money to spend for an individual. Support is hard to find (unless you pay for it).

Mixed feelings
Distinguished Contributor
tom_pe
Message 12 of 15 (338 Views)

01-27-2010 02:08 PM in reply to: Zuccus
Mel

You mentioned that you had no responses from Autodesk. I dont't think that is true
As far as I know:
Peter Quinn is Autodesk
Jorge Lopez is Autodesk
Flowers is Autodesk

Tom (Not Autodesk)
Valued Contributor
mel_mason
Message 13 of 15 (339 Views)

01-27-2010 02:20 PM in reply to: Zuccus
Tom,
I have had some responses from Autodesk, but i have had a few questions that I have not had any or answers that take quite a while. I don't have days or weeks to get answers on things when I am trying to get projects out the door and as this my only means of support I am pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place. My timezone make it hard too. I will ask questions today, but usually the response come in overnight.
I am in much the same boat as Tim, I am working alone and have no backing, though I am working for a larger company.
Contributor
henrikvigh
Message 14 of 15 (340 Views)

02-10-2010 01:54 AM in reply to: Zuccus
Hello Zuccus

If Autocad P&ID was actually working as intended it would be a great program.
I started using it a year and a half ago on a large project which i am still working on. The first problems I had were serious performance issues and not being able to TAG components the way the project demanded. These problems has later been fixed.
Among problems I still have I can mention:
- Simple and vital autocad commands "stretch" and "move" don't work, and they are very important commands when working with P&ID's.
- Off page connectors (connecting lines between p&id's) don't work.
- Exporting the database to excel doesn't work as it should.

I have spent so much time working with Autocad P&ID and I feel stuck with the program and its bugs because the project I am working on has to go on.

I am sure that Autcad P&ID will be a great program in the future if the worst bugs are fixed.

Regards

Henrik Vigh
Contributor
jonasroslund
Message 15 of 15 (340 Views)

03-11-2010 02:00 AM in reply to: Zuccus
I second Henrik's opinions on the simple AutoCAD commands (e.g. stretch and move) and bad Excel export possibilities. We had to develop our own Excel solution merging an Excel template sheet and standard P&ID export files to one complete list.

P&ID could be a great product, but it is not there quite yet.

Jonas
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.