AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Contributor
16 Posts
2 Kudos
Post 1 of 5

Size of Flow Arrows

496 Views, 4 Replies
09-02-2012 05:28 PM

I'm setting up a new template project in P&ID 2013, and started with the default project as my base.

The annotations on the pipes were too small for our standard, so in the "Edit Annotation" section of the "Pipe Line Segments", I changed the Symbol Scale Factor to 25, and the resulting text was perfect.

Since the flow arrows were also too small (size matched to original text size), I went to the "Edit Symbol" section of the Flow Arrow properties and changed the Symbol Scale Factor to 25, and nothing seemed to happen to the size of my flow arrows.  I also tried 250 and 2500 (just to see if this was going to make a difference!) and I still get tiny flow arrows (no change to the size at all, irrespective of the Symbol Scale Factor)

I went into a colleagues older project, and his arrows have the Symbol Scale Factor value set to 25 and they are a perfect size.  I'd rather not use his project as a template (too much to tidy up!), so I'm wondering if there is a property I'm missing that will change the size of my flow arrows!

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

Product Support
683 Posts
36 Kudos
Post 2 of 5

Re: Size of Flow Arrows

09-03-2012 06:40 PM in reply to: michael.lucas

It looks like a template issue. Can you able to share your project template with us for further investigation.

Vinod Balasubramanian
Contributor
16 Posts
2 Kudos
Post 3 of 5

09-06-2012 08:46 PM in reply to: michael.lucas

Thanks Vinod.

Project settings file attached.

The issue appears to be more complicated than I had first expected.  What I have discovered is that in one of my existing drawings and all new drawings, I am now getting the appropriate sized arrows, however in another existing drawing the arrows are still appearing tiny on all lines (and on new lines that are created).

I had expected that the project settings affected all drawings in that project and that individual drawings wouldn't override these settings.  All drawings in this project have been done in P&ID 2013.

Michael.

Contributor
16 Posts
2 Kudos
Post 4 of 5

09-06-2012 10:20 PM in reply to: michael.lucas

Another update:

I ran SYNCHSTYLES on the problem drawing - after this, all existing flow arrows remained the same tiny size, however all new lines now have the correct sized arrows. Partial success!

Is there a way of updating the existing arrows without deleting and redrawing the lines?

Product Support
683 Posts
36 Kudos
Post 5 of 5

09-09-2012 07:07 PM in reply to: michael.lucas

I doubt there is any direct way to change the flow arrow size for all your drawing in one go. You can try to create a new block with different flow arrow size and then use the AutoCAD Command ATTSYNC to change your existing flow arrow block attributes to the new one. I haven't test this yet. I will keep you posted on the results.

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!