AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

carlosm88
Message 1 of 1 (165 Views)

Shape File Text Window on P&ID 2011

165 Views, 0 Replies
10-27-2011 02:23 PM

hi,

i'm having an issue on my P&ID 2011, that when i open a dwg and it has a missing shape file and so it usually gives me a pop up window such as the save as pop window but on lately it gives me a text window in which sometimes it freezes and i can't open it and so for i have to open it on an earlier version which is P&ID 2010.

when it does go through the text window after i hit enter or esc it works fine unitl i have to do like a save as, and then the save as pop up window does not pop up, it makes me type out on the command line, asking what revision to save it as and where i want to save it at and what i want to call it. in other words i have to do eveythiing i would do by clicking in the save as pop up window but by typing it all out in the command line.

could anyone please help me resolve this issue.

thnx  carlos

only when i choose a dwg that has a missing shape file is when this window comes up.

i have attached a picture of what appears on my screen.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.