Distinguished Contributor
gschimmi
Message 1 of 2 (476 Views)
Accepted Solution

search all drawings where one object is inserted

476 Views, 1 Replies
11-15-2012 01:23 AM

Hello

when I have on valve for example, and it is inserted in 3 drawings (always the same tag, therefore listed only one time in the data manager)

How can I find an overview in which drawings this valve is inserted?

Thanks

G

Plant3D 2014 German
WIN7
Product Support
gersteb
Message 2 of 2 (437 Views)

Re: search all drawings where one object is inserted

11-19-2012 06:25 AM in reply to: gschimmi

Hi Guido,

You can do this via _DATAEXTRACTION. I have attached some sample snapshots for this process. Use command _DATAEXTRACTION to start the wizzard for the data extraction. You will create a new data extraction (snapshot 'new_dataextration.png'). In the next step you have to select all your drawings (or you can select a folder) (snapshot 'drawings.png'). Then you have to select the objects and the properties which you are looking for (snapshots 'object.png' and 'properties.png'). In the preview you see already the needed information ('preview.png'). You can insert the result as a table ('result.png') or export it as an Excel-file (*.xls, *.csv), text file (*.txt) or Access database (*.mdb).

Regards

Bernd

Bernd Gerstenberger
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.