AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

kslee
Message 1 of 3 (384 Views)

Save, Import, & export of Project Setup

384 Views, 2 Replies
09-12-2012 07:30 PM

Hai,

I have created a project, and made custom setup on the Project Setup-P&ID DWG settings-P&ID class definition.  I then modify the PIP workspace & pallete due to the standard symbols in the PIP not tally with our client's specification. 

Question:

1. How do i save the whole setup and export ot copy to the second project from the same client.  What i did now was re-create the whole file again in the new project.

Thanks.

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 2 of 3 (348 Views)

Re: Save, Import, & export of Project Setup

09-14-2012 03:05 PM in reply to: kslee

You will go and start a new project from the Project Manager. It will bring up the Project Setup Wizard window, if you look at the bottom of the window you will see Copy settings from the existing project. The click the box and them find where you placed the project you made. You will be looking for the file called Project.xml. Once you select that, it will use the settings you set up from that project for your new project. I am also including a screen shot showing where to do this on the Project Setup Wizard window.

07627441_1.png

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 3 of 3 (328 Views)

Re: Save, Import, & export of Project Setup

09-18-2012 05:04 PM in reply to: kslee

Just checking back to see if the information I provided for you helped.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.