AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Active Contributor
earnold
Message 1 of 4 (147 Views)

renumberng sline

147 Views, 3 Replies
04-25-2008 03:31 PM
I removed a sline from a pipeline group and when I went to rename it (since the fields became question marks) I got the message that the line number is being used. I see the line number in the line summary list but not in any line list. When I use the zoom button on the field containing the line number it does not zoom to anywhere. I audited the drawing but that did not fix it. All layers are on. How can I renumber this sline?
*Peter Quinn
Message 2 of 4 (147 Views)

Re: renumberng sline

04-28-2008 09:45 AM in reply to: earnold
Bumble,

Forgive this dumb question. Is the new line number you gave it used
anywhere?

When I try this in a basically empty project, it worked for me.

wrote in message news:5915831@discussion.autodesk.com...
I removed a sline from a pipeline group and when I went to rename it (since
the fields became question marks) I got the message that the line number is
being used. I see the line number in the line summary list but not in any
line list. When I use the zoom button on the field containing the line
number it does not zoom to anywhere. I audited the drawing but that did not
fix it. All layers are on. How can I renumber this sline?
Active Contributor
earnold
Message 3 of 4 (147 Views)

04-28-2008 12:27 PM in reply to: earnold
The line number I am trying to use is a line number for a line that has been deleted. It still exists somehow as a pipeline group and shows up in the data manager under pipeline group. It does not show up in the drawing anywhere or in reports as a line. I cannot zoom to or find the pipeline group. I cannot tag the new line correctly because the line number is assigned to the pipeline group....I just fixed it. I renumbered the pipeline group line number in data manager and was able to tag the line with the correct number.
Contributor
dxmnkd316
Message 4 of 4 (147 Views)

04-29-2008 09:57 AM in reply to: earnold
I had this problem with a conveyor symbol at one time. If you audit the project and this does not remove the entry, the only method I have found that works is:

1. Create a new project using the previous project as a template
2. Copy the old drawings into the new directory
3. "Add" the drawings using the project tool palette
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.