AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Contributor
24 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 5

Remove Text Frames?

623 Views, 4 Replies
06-09-2008 11:26 AM
I would like to remove the frames around the text in the instrumentation bubbles. Is there a way to do this?
Alice
Valued Contributor
61 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 2 of 5

Re: Remove Text Frames?

06-09-2008 12:41 PM in reply to: alemke
Alice, don't know what version you are using but the attached 2 screen shots (zipped) illustrating where to turn off the text frames are from '07.

First you need to project properties. Once there select "Annotation Style" on the right side menu. Once there select "Insturment Styles in the option selections. After highlighting the style to edit pick the "Edit Block" button on the right side. In the block editor pick the text box inside the bubble and right click. 3/4 of the way down the list, select "Object Visability" and choose on the flyout "Hide for All States".

Save it close the block. Close the property dialog box.

I don't remember if you have to regen the drawing or save, close then re-open the drawing for the boxes to dissappear. But eventually they will go away during one of those sequenses.
Contributor
24 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 3 of 5

06-10-2008 10:21 AM in reply to: alemke
Thanks!
I am using 2009, and your answer got me to the correct place so that I could edit the block. The frame is the edge of the wipe-out background of the text, so I changed the color to 255 and the edge disappears without affecting the wipeout. It does make nicks in the printed lines, but it is much better than the box.
Alice
Contributor
24 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 4 of 5

06-10-2008 10:44 AM in reply to: alemke
...Or skip all that and just turn the wipe-out frames off!
A.L.
Valued Contributor
61 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 5 of 5

06-10-2008 11:22 AM in reply to: alemke
Hey Alice,

Glad I could be of service......now if only I can get our projects to migrate to 09........

Mike
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.