AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Contributor
joaquinr
Message 1 of 7 (475 Views)

questions about the PID

475 Views, 6 Replies
01-14-2013 11:21 PM

Hello, good morning I have several questions about the PID.

1 - to create objects PID have to indicate if pump tank ... but if there's poemos that category and we do not create problems?. If you can do, how we do it?

2-we can repeat the tag in different PID?. If you can do, how we do it?

thanks

Product Support
Dan.Scales
Message 2 of 7 (450 Views)

Re: questions about the PID

01-16-2013 02:20 AM in reply to: joaquinr

Hi,

I don't think I fully understand the issues that you are describing.

Could you provide some more details?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Valued Contributor
georgeendrulat
Message 3 of 7 (441 Views)

01-16-2013 05:25 AM in reply to: joaquinr

If possible can you post your question in your native language, there might be someone on here who also speaks/reads that language. 

Contributor
joaquinr
Message 4 of 7 (433 Views)

01-16-2013 09:41 AM in reply to: joaquinr

first, thank you very much for attending my doubts.

when we make something in a PID object opens a menu to indicate the category where we will put. (see Screenshot)
but what if the category is not.
We can create a category?
if possible. as you would?

forgiven for translations, do the google translate because my English is very basic
Thanks to all

---------------------------------

lo primero, muchas gracias por atender a mis  dudas.

cuando convertimos algo en un PID object se abre un menu para indicar en la categoria donde lo vamos a poner. (see Screenshot)
pero y si no esta la categoria .
podemos crear una categoria?
de ser posible. como se haria?

perdonar por las traducciones, las hago con el google translate ya que mi ingles es muy basico
gracias a todos

--------Screenshot_2013-01-16-18-27-32.JPG

Product Support
Dan.Scales
Message 5 of 7 (413 Views)

01-17-2013 07:19 AM in reply to: joaquinr

Hi,

When using "Convert to P&ID Object" the class type will only be listed in the dialog if there is already at least one symbol associated with that particular class.

So, in the project setup you need to add the required class type and assign it a symbol. After that you can use the "Convert to P&ID Object" without problem.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Contributor
joaquinr
Message 6 of 7 (400 Views)

01-17-2013 10:28 PM in reply to: joaquinr

this to create a new folder or section in PID OBJECT wondering because I get this:

-in this project make a rotameter which is a rectangle simply convert to PID OBJECT save the drawing, I close it, I open it and I replaced it the rotameter this tool palettes in the PID-PIP

-in this project do a drain that is a rectangle simply convert to PID OBJECT save the drawing, I close it, I open it and I replaced it drain that is in the tool palettes PID-PIP.

esto sucede com mas objetos..

this happens to me on almost every level, there are other planes are maintained OBJECT PID that I created for this project

THANKS

-------------------------

esto de crear un nueva carpeta o seccion en  PID OBJECT lo pregunte porque me pasa esto:
-en este proyecto me piden un rotametro que es un rectangulo simplemente lo convierto a PID OBJECT salvo el dibujo, lo cierro , lo vuelvo a abrir y me lo ha sustituido por el rotametro que esta en el tool palettes  PID-PIP
-en este proyecto me piden un drenaje que es un rectangulo simplemente lo convierto a PID OBJECT salvo el dibujo, lo cierro , lo vuelvo a abrir y me lo ha sustituido por el drenaje que esta en el tool palettes  PID-PIP
y asi con otros ojbetos que creo.

esto me pasa en casi todos los planos, hay otros planos que se mantienen los OBJECT PID que yo he creado para este proyecto

GRACIAS

Valued Contributor
georgeendrulat
Message 7 of 7 (386 Views)

01-18-2013 05:47 AM in reply to: joaquinr

It seems like you have an issue with templating, block location, and project structure.

1. Only create new blocks within your template project, the one you select, at new project creation, the project.xml.

2. All blocks for P&ID should be in the projSymbolStyle.dwg file.

3. Move your tool pallettes files to a central location and rerefrence them so they are consistant across machines and projects.

4. Maintain consistant project structures and locations to be able to easily maintain them across projects and time.

5. Many other basic autocad tasks related to all of this, there are many articles about autocad administration out there, sadly I'm not going to write a long explanation of good practices, but they are out there.

My two cents.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.