AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Employee
BuddyLegnon
Message 11 of 22 (594 Views)

Re: problem with offpage connectors

02-14-2011 08:33 AM in reply to: lopezjo

Thanks Jorge - our issues were directly related to major lines being connected to minor lines. Our guys just didnt see it the first time...

all is well at the moment!

Thanks!

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button (you must be logged in). This helps everyone find answers more quickly.
Contributor
STEPHANBRADLEY7243
Message 12 of 22 (503 Views)

05-23-2011 03:45 PM in reply to: SteveDarvell

I am having these issues on a small project (just 5 sheets) and I have checked the obvious items (same line type, refreshed project, etc.).  Is there a fix or something else to try here?

Thanks,

Stephan

Contributor
STEPHANBRADLEY7243
Message 13 of 22 (493 Views)

05-24-2011 07:43 AM in reply to: STEPHANBRADLEY7243

This morning I tried the "insert a new connector" option and when I click an insertion point it doesn't accept it and keeps asking for an insertion point!! 

Employee
lopezjo
Message 14 of 22 (487 Views)

05-24-2011 07:46 AM in reply to: STEPHANBRADLEY7243

Please try running the AUDIT command in the source and target DWGs.

I've seen this before when the SLINE losses it's group.

Hope this helps.

Jorge Lopez
Software Architect
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
STEPHANBRADLEY7243
Message 15 of 22 (482 Views)

05-24-2011 07:51 AM in reply to: BuddyLegnon

I ran AUDIT and got 0 errors, but I am not sure if that fixed anything or not because I went in and deleted both lines and both connectors, then inserted new lines and connectors and it worked.  I had to delete the lines all the way from and to their respective pieces of equipment.

Thanks,

Stephan

Employee
BuddyLegnon
Message 16 of 22 (476 Views)

05-24-2011 03:00 PM in reply to: STEPHANBRADLEY7243

its been a while since I commented on this thread, so here I am to update you all.

I have since done two more small projects with Autocad Plant PID and while I do love the software and its flexibiltiy, I have not found the OPC's to be stable in our environment. It maybe due to our network project location, or that we are using SQL lite instead of a full SQL Enterprise server. It could even be that we have mulitple users accessing the project, but it seems OPCs lose its target connections for us regularly. For the time being, we have switched to an attributed block for our OPC needs.

I keep reminding myself that if I need it on a report, then it needs to be intelligent. For us, that means line lists, equip. lists, valve lists and control valve lists. 

I wish I had the answer to our issues with OPC's, but for now we are moving on and drawing without them. I have tried everything in this thread to repair them but nothing works short of erasing them and redrawing them.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button (you must be logged in). This helps everyone find answers more quickly.
Contributor
SteveDarvell
Message 17 of 22 (420 Views)

06-15-2011 07:47 AM in reply to: BuddyLegnon

Since we had the original problem, OPCs have been stable and no more issues have occured over many different small projects and also with a couple of large ones with hundreds of OPCs.

It may be to do with the way you use your network or SQL as you mention.

Valued Contributor
lb5107
Message 18 of 22 (306 Views)

09-14-2011 12:44 PM in reply to: lopezjo

I am having the same problem with the OPC's. I have the OPC's connected and the line numbers matched and all that, but the drawing number is not showing up. I tried the SYNCHSTYLES and it did nothing. Does anyone have any more ideas? :robotmad:

Contributor
STEPHANBRADLEY7243
Message 19 of 22 (300 Views)

09-14-2011 01:20 PM in reply to: lb5107

We still have issues and have never received a good answer or fix.  I frequently have to delete entire lines and redraw them to get it to work.  Normally, that is the only way for me to make it work.  Unfortunately, I have discovered some of my guys inserting text in paper space to fix it so they can get the drawings out the door.  This totally defeats the purpose, but we have to get the drawings done.

Sorry I can't be more help.

I sure would like to see some of the Autodesk guys jump in here with better ideas...

Stephan

Valued Contributor
lb5107
Message 20 of 22 (296 Views)

09-14-2011 01:26 PM in reply to: STEPHANBRADLEY7243

Me too, come on Autodesk! This is one of the features I really like, so obviously I want it to work correctly.

So you delete the line and everyting with it including the OPC, then redraw it and connect the OPC and it works? I wonder why that is?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.