AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Valued Contributor
bestm
Message 1 of 1 (114 Views)

Previous Rebis users who have moved to Acad P&ID

114 Views, 0 Replies
06-07-2008 10:24 PM
I'm searching for a cause to some nagging migration issues I'm having with our data sets.

Like a lot of other companies, our company has specific P&ID blocks that are pertinent to our business. We use these specific blocks in our everyday design and when we moved into Acad P&ID last year we brought them into the standard pallets for just those uses.

Our drawings were useful in '07 and when migrated to '08 they appeared to work fine as well. The move up to '08 has not been as easy at all.

My question more to the point is: Has anyone used Rebis generated blocks in '07 and/or '08 Acad P&ID prior to migrating to '09?

And, if you used some of these blocks in previous versioned drawings are you still able to open them in '09 after migration? If so, did you do anything like explode and purge or wblock them to another drawing or anything to remove any metadata from those Rebis files?

My theory to our problems is there is possibly something in those blocks/files that is causing our issues. If anyone else has an issue what is it?

Regards,
Mike
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.