AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Clive_Murphy
Message 1 of 2 (503 Views)

Possible to recover purged P&ID Class Definition? AutoCad P&ID 2011 64 bit

503 Views, 1 Replies
02-25-2013 09:57 PM

We have been overzealous and purged the P&ID Class Definition for the "Front Facing Nozzle" in our main project.

Is there a way to get it back into the project without loosing our other customised class definitions?

Failing that, is it possible to implement a new nozzle subclass that can be placed anywhere inside-a-component just like the Front Facing Nozzle, rather than on-a-component like the other nozzle classes?

Thanks

Clive

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 2 of 2 (453 Views)

Re: Possible to recover purged P&ID Class Definition? AutoCad P&ID 2011

02-27-2013 08:58 AM in reply to: Clive_Murphy

Clive,

I don't know of any way to bring it back other than reverting to a backed up version of your project folder and possibly even SQL/Lite backup. If you are unable to recover it from that, you may just have to create a new one. I find that all nozzles prompt you to place them on a piece of equipment before you can move them inside of the equipment component anyway, so you sould be able to make a new block, or borrow the front facing nozzle block from the default project's projsymbolstyles.dwg file.

Also, as learning this the hardway myself, be very careful when purging nozzles classes. I can't remember which (maybe the regular flanged nozzle), but if you purge just the right one that holds the auto-nozzle feature, you may lose that feature altogether as I did in my very first project setup. Once purged, there's no way to get it back. See this post for more info of what I did wrong: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-P-ID/Auto-Nozzle-Died-SOS/td-p/3405671

I hope this helps!

Craig

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.