AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

upro
Message 1 of 4 (489 Views)

Pipeline Tagging Issue

489 Views, 3 Replies
02-11-2013 01:00 PM

Hello everyone. My first post, on my first AutoCAD P&ID month.

Im having a bit of a problem with pipeline tagging, besides my English.

Trying to tag lines on the same drawing to have the same line number, but different line service. That is the tagging principle at my companies P&IDs. When I do, I get this "must be unique" message. Is there any way to override or fix this, as I don't want to make line groups with different service segments and far apart at the drawing. Can I make separate line tagging strings for each service in my drawing, starting from the same number for each service?

For example: process line: 6"-EA01-P-102.0 and blow down line: 2"-DA09-BD-102.0

Ty, and sorry for my English!

upro
Message 2 of 4 (484 Views)

Re: Pipeline Tagging Issue

02-11-2013 01:20 PM in reply to: upro

Could I maybe create the new pipeline class definition, like utility pipeline, and if I do, and if I use it at the same drawing, could it be tagged separately from the process pipelines?

Mentor
cadwomen
Message 3 of 4 (460 Views)

02-12-2013 02:10 AM in reply to: upro

so mayby there is your awnser

http://autocad.autodesk.com/ama/orig/plant/Adding_a_new_Tag_Format_for_Pid.pdf

cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
upro
Message 4 of 4 (453 Views)

02-12-2013 08:10 AM in reply to: upro

Thank you very much!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!