AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Active Contributor
M!chelle
Message 1 of 2 (432 Views)

Pipeline Tag (To = Line Start/Equipment Drawing Number)

432 Views, 1 Replies
09-27-2012 09:27 AM

I want to create a pipeline tag that is formatted like this.

Size - Service - Line Drawing Number - Line Number - Spec - Insulation

How do I populate the Line Drawing Number so that it pulls the drawing number for where that line originates (either a new connecting line or the equipment it connects to).  If I use "From" it either shows the equipment or the entire line tag it connects to.  How do I make my own "To" and "From"?

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 2 of 2 (406 Views)

Re: Pipeline Tag (To = Line Start/Equipment Drawing Number)

09-28-2012 05:01 PM in reply to: M!chelle

The pipe line gathers it's To/From information from where the line is attached to. So, you are correct in that your options would be a line it is connected to or a piece of equipment. The only option I see is to make a new property in Pipe Line Segments, like DWGNO and place that in your tag. Then you would have to manually enter in the drawing number. However, since it is manually entered you would have to keep tracking of line changes and update them accordingly.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.