*Jerod
Message 1 of 5 (2,391 Views)

P&ID Symbol Problem

2391 Views, 4 Replies
06-12-2008 08:05 AM
I have created two new tool pallettes under two seperate projects that
contain project specific symbology. For some reason I am unable to use
these symbols in any other projects. I get the notification "The "Sump
Pump" symbol could not be found in the current project.".

How do I set up P&ID so that all the symbols that I create can be used in
all of my projects?

Thanks,

Jerod
Valued Contributor
bestm
Message 2 of 5 (2,391 Views)

Re: P&ID Symbol Problem

06-12-2008 09:04 AM in reply to: *Jerod
Jerod,

If you place the blocks in your projSymbolStyle.dwg they'll always be there for each project you create.

Now the question is: Do you use the default projStymbolStyle.dwg or when you create a new project you use the option "Browse to another project to use as a template"?

If you use the default project drawing then you need to add the blocks to the projSymbolStyle.dwg in the P&ID install directory.

If you are using the projSymbolStyle.dwg from another project then add the blocks to that one.

In order to fix the notification you are currently having you'll have to open the Project Setup dialog box, select the sump pump block you want to use, then select "Modify" from the button. The style editor will then open and you'll have to re-direct the location of the block from the old path to the new path in the "Symbol Path" browser.

Regards,
Mike
jfoss
Message 3 of 5 (2,391 Views)

06-12-2008 03:50 PM in reply to: *Jerod
Mike,

Thanks for the help. I was not using a template to start my new projects and I was not using the projsymbolstyle.dwg for my new component creation either. I have now started a Template file to use to begin each project which I believe will help things go smoother in the long run.

Thanks for the help. This program is new to me.

Jerod
Valued Contributor
mbest
Message 4 of 5 (2,391 Views)

06-12-2008 06:10 PM in reply to: *Jerod
Jerod,

Believe it or not, when ever you use the wizard to create a new project, P&ID generates the new project based off this file (C:\Program Files\AutoCAD PID 2009\SampleProjects\projSymbolStyles.dwg) and the SymbolLibrary folder.

The symbol library folder has all the default standard blocks. If you use some of your own then you need to add them to the file I have listed above.

There are a couple ways of using a standards drawing file, but if you are the only one using P&ID in your office then this is the file to update.

Regards,
Mike
nobby_clarke
Message 5 of 5 (2,391 Views)

12-09-2008 06:01 AM in reply to: *Jerod
With the symbols library is it to british standards,

if i tis would i be able to get acopy as i am desperatly searching for a P&ID library to british standards
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.