AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Kkelly31
Message 1 of 2 (403 Views)

Off-page Connectors Don't Always Update

403 Views, 1 Replies
07-13-2011 08:20 AM

I am having an issue with a few of my off-page connectors.  Much of the time they work correctly, but every so often they do not seem to connect.

I am not receiving an error message.  In fact it seems to run through the process of connecting, but never adds the information into the connector and will even add the new connector on the other page.  When I click on the connector it prompts to "connect to" indicating that it is actually not connected.

Any ideas what might cause this issue?

Active Contributor
MuddyNZ
Message 2 of 2 (386 Views)

Re: Off-page Connectors Don't Always Update

07-17-2011 03:43 PM in reply to: Kkelly31

I have seen this problem many times.

The only fix I have found is to delete both connectors, and also the line from one of the P&IDs. Then place the line in again and re-connect.

I have also found sometimes by "refreshing the drawing status", the connector information will fill in correctly. The refresh button is at the top of your project manager on the right. Green arrows in a circle icon.

Hopefully the problem is sorted in the 2012 version.

Jarrod Mudford
Technical Evangelist \ Applications Engineer
Manufacturing &
Process and Power Plants
AEC Systems Pty Ltd
jarrod.mudford@aecsystems.com.au
www.aecsystems.com.au
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.