AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Contributor
aeiken
Message 1 of 5 (469 Views)
Accepted Solution

Objects printing mirrored

469 Views, 4 Replies
07-25-2012 01:34 PM

I've been having a problem with instrument symbols in AutoCAD P&ID 2013 printing out mirrored. They look fine on the screen and even on the print preview, but they print out mirrored. The strange thing is that my co-workers can print the same drawings using the same print set-up to the same printers without problem.

Bryce,

Sorry for the delayed response. I ended up just re-installing AutoCAD P&ID 2013. It didn't matter which pc3 I used and I was a bit worried about messing around in the registry. The re-install seemed to do the trick, but it takes such a long time to get everything back to the way I had it set up. It's frustrating when you have a project to deliver. I wish that I had tried your way. Thank you for your help!

Product Support
bryce.thelin
Message 2 of 5 (452 Views)

Re: Objects printing mirrored

07-27-2012 10:24 AM in reply to: aeiken

Hi Aeiken,

It sounds like maybe P&ID needs to be reset to defaults, especially if the exact same drawing prints fine on other computers than yours. Could it possibly have something to do with the printer driver or PC3 that you have? Do you get the same output no matter what printer or PC3 you select? If you are working with PC3 files, try copying them over from one of your coworker's computer. The one(s) you have might be damaged.

If you would like to try resetting P&ID to defaults, you can do so by deleting the following two folders and registry key. Be sure to exit P&ID first so that it's not running.

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD P&ID 2013 - English

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD P&ID 2013 - English

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B016:409

Let me now if this helps.

Bryce Thelin
Product Support
bryce.thelin
Message 3 of 5 (435 Views)

07-31-2012 03:33 PM in reply to: aeiken

I wanted to follow up with you on this discussion thread. Please let me know if any of the above helped. If it did, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Thank you!

Bryce Thelin
Contributor
aeiken
Message 4 of 5 (427 Views)

08-01-2012 12:14 PM in reply to: bryce.thelin

Bryce,

Sorry for the delayed response. I ended up just re-installing AutoCAD P&ID 2013. It didn't matter which pc3 I used and I was a bit worried about messing around in the registry. The re-install seemed to do the trick, but it takes such a long time to get everything back to the way I had it set up. It's frustrating when you have a project to deliver. I wish that I had tried your way. Thank you for your help!

Product Support
bryce.thelin
Message 5 of 5 (423 Views)

08-01-2012 04:27 PM in reply to: aeiken

Thanks for posting back! I'm glad to hear that reinstalling fixed the problem.

Bryce Thelin
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.