AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Contributor
b060106143
Message 1 of 5 (486 Views)
Accepted Solution

nozzels

486 Views, 4 Replies
04-26-2013 07:57 AM

I want to create a equipment with nozzels such as this attachment...I can't create these nozzels with reducer Can you advice me how i can make...

We had a similar need, but maybe not exactly what you are requesting. Does the nozzle just need to be a different size than the line that it's connected to? If so, what we did to handle this was to add a property called "Independent Size", and created a separate annotation for it. We did not show a reducer though.

The only other thing that you could do would be to create a new nozzle type that had the reducer graphics built into the block. If you go that route, I would probably also add a property or two for the 'inlet size' and 'outlet size', which you could track in reporting if you wanted to. Also you would want to create an annotation that corresponds to these new properties.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Craig

If my post is a solution to your problem, please marked it as Solved below:

Active Contributor
mikael
Message 2 of 5 (401 Views)

Re: nozzels

05-02-2013 01:16 AM in reply to: b060106143

Hi,

Can you be a bit more specific. What is it you're having a problem with in the process?

//Mikael

Contributor
b060106143
Message 3 of 5 (353 Views)

05-14-2013 07:38 AM in reply to: mikael

I want to form these nozzel with reducer Firstly I add a nozzel ,then I add a reducer to this nozzel,but    both of them be  independent so reducer part  of this nozzel is unconnected with equipment...Should I form a new type of nozzel that contain a reducer....thank you for help....

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 4 of 5 (349 Views)

05-14-2013 12:58 PM in reply to: b060106143

We had a similar need, but maybe not exactly what you are requesting. Does the nozzle just need to be a different size than the line that it's connected to? If so, what we did to handle this was to add a property called "Independent Size", and created a separate annotation for it. We did not show a reducer though.

The only other thing that you could do would be to create a new nozzle type that had the reducer graphics built into the block. If you go that route, I would probably also add a property or two for the 'inlet size' and 'outlet size', which you could track in reporting if you wanted to. Also you would want to create an annotation that corresponds to these new properties.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Craig

If my post is a solution to your problem, please marked it as Solved below:

Contributor
b060106143
Message 5 of 5 (340 Views)

05-14-2013 11:46 PM in reply to: craig.wood
thank you for help.... I have added 'inlet size' and 'outlet size
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.