AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Contributor
rnishimura
Message 1 of 8 (484 Views)

modifying ProcessPower.dcf?

484 Views, 7 Replies
10-02-2008 10:35 AM
In previous versions of AutoCAD P&ID (2007 and 2008) I was able to modify "ProcessPower.dcf" with MS Access. In P&ID 2009 Access does not recognize "ProcessPower.dcf" as a database file. Is it still possible to make manual modifications to "ProcessPower.dcf"?

Thanks,
Ryan
Valued Contributor
mbest
Message 2 of 8 (484 Views)

Re: modifying ProcessPower.dcf?

10-02-2008 05:14 PM in reply to: rnishimura
Ryan, yes you can edit the file. You need a Sql Lite editor to do it.

Regards,
Mike
*Jorge Lopez
Message 3 of 8 (484 Views)

10-03-2008 06:25 AM in reply to: rnishimura

Mike correctly answered that SQLite is the new
database we use. I am interested to know why you need to manually edit
the database.

Thanks, Jorge

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
In
previous versions of AutoCAD P&ID (2007 and 2008) I was able to modify
"ProcessPower.dcf" with MS Access. In P&ID 2009 Access does not recognize
"ProcessPower.dcf" as a database file. Is it still possible to make manual
modifications to "ProcessPower.dcf"? Thanks, Ryan
Contributor
rnishimura
Message 4 of 8 (484 Views)

10-06-2008 07:57 AM in reply to: rnishimura
I want to add a (space) as the default value for certain instrumentation fields, to avoid the "." from showing where there is no value in the field. The GUI for the project setup in P&ID 2009 does not allow a (space) to be a valid value. Is there a certain SQLite Editor that would be suggested to use?

Thanks,
Ryan
Contributor
rnishimura
Message 5 of 8 (484 Views)

10-06-2008 08:41 AM in reply to: rnishimura
I am using the SQLite Manager plugin for Firefox to edit the file. However, it appears that I am still unable to put a (space) as a default value for fields when inserting instrumentation symbols. In addition to the Loop Number, I added a Suffix field, which I want to be an optional field. Currently if I leave the Suffix field blank it inserts a "." after the loop number. Then I have to manually go back into the database and add a (space) in the Suffix field to remove the ".". In previous versions, 2008 and 2007, i was able to do this fine. Do you have any suggestions on accomplishing implementation? Is there a way to turn off the insertion of the "." in place of blank fields?

Thanks,
Ryan
Valued Contributor
mbest
Message 6 of 8 (484 Views)

10-06-2008 06:15 PM in reply to: rnishimura
From what little I know about sql queries and from what I found out reading..... Evidently now there has to be a value in the of some type in the column. If not, then programmatically, it adds a period. As a hack programmer, sometimes I require a value for an input. If none is entered, I'll either prompt for a value or create a placeholder for the value so it can be edited later.

I know this doesn't necessarily answer your question, it's the only thing I can come up with.

Regards,
Mike
Valued Contributor
mbest
Message 7 of 8 (484 Views)

10-06-2008 06:15 PM in reply to: rnishimura
From what little I know about sql queries and from what I found out reading..... Evidently now there has to be a value in the of some type in the column. If not, then programmatically, it adds a period. As a hack programmer, sometimes I require a value for an input. If none is entered, I'll either prompt for a value or create a placeholder for the value so it can be edited later.

I know this doesn't necessarily answer your question, it's the only thing I can come up with.

Regards,
Mike
Valued Contributor
mbest
Message 8 of 8 (484 Views)

10-06-2008 06:16 PM in reply to: rnishimura
Wow!! Besides just about having to reset my @#$%%^^ password everytime, now it's way toooo easy to double post too.

Mike
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.