AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

HVollmar
Message 1 of 1 (918 Views)

Major problems using Autocad P&ID

918 Views, 0 Replies
09-07-2010 01:41 AM

We have major problems using Autocad P&ID 2010.

Starting a new project is no problem, the first 10-15 drawings – no problem.

The problems start when more drawings are generated in the project and more people are working in the project.

Problems occurred are:

1.            Data loss in drawing DB, data is still there but relation with graphics is gone.

Bring back relation is not possible and audit project does not help.

Deleting data from DB is also not possible because there is no relation.

2.            Complete data loss of a drawing by opening, sometimes using the .bak file will solve the problem but not always.

3.            After starting a project and selecting a drawing in the project manager will cause the following error;  "INTERNALL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7227:eNotOpeenforWrite" and the application will exit. Start again and do an ‘audit project’ first will solve this but from then on we need to do an audit every time we start the project, this will cost lots of time (15-20minutes).

4.            We are no longer able to change equipment tag with ‘assign tag’ of equipments in the project.

The annotation will change but not the DB. Also changing the tag in the DB (data manager) will not work anymore.

I tried to make a new project and copy drawings to the new project, the first 7 drawings were OK but the next drawing copying to the project stops halfway and no drawing is visible in the project manager, so I tried again; same result. Then I checked the data manager and all data of that drawing is in there twice!

Taking this data out is not possible because there is no drawing in the project manager.

Conclusion; this project is corrupt and I must start all over again!

At this moment I have no faith in Autocad P&ID to go any further.

Reliability is a major thing when doing a project and Autocad P&ID is not so.

We have 3 big projects going on with Autocad P&ID (more than 100 P&ID's each project) and in all of them we have problems.

In general changing P&ID’s and repositioning parts (move, stretch) is a crime as well, after generating P&ID’s the main work done is change!

My recommendation in our company on this moment is stop using Autocad P&ID for big projects at this moment until all above issues are solved; otherwise we are getting big problems inside the projects progress.

Is there anyone who has the same experience and is there a solution for these issues in short time

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.