AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Valued Contributor
hinde
Message 1 of 5 (8,174 Views)
Accepted Solution

Linetype Scale between Model & Paper Space

8174 Views, 4 Replies
02-16-2012 01:47 PM

The problem that I am running into is that the linetype scale does not match up between Model and Paper Space. I set ltscale to .75 so that I didn't have to have instruments that far away from each other for the Electrical signal line to show it being dashed. I also did that for the Pneumatic signal line. In model space with the Electrical line being .75 long, it would show the dashed line having 3 segments. I would check that in Paper space and it would only have 2 segments.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

See Attached file for visual reference. Top image is from Model space, Bottom image is from Paperspace

psltscale to 0?

*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 2 of 5 (8,166 Views)

Re: Linetype Scale between Model & Paper Space

02-16-2012 06:44 PM in reply to: hinde

psltscale to 0?

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Valued Contributor
hinde
Message 3 of 5 (8,144 Views)

02-20-2012 08:16 AM in reply to: Rave.Tam

It seemed to work right after i tried it for the first time, but now it doesn't seem to work.

Valued Contributor
hinde
Message 4 of 5 (8,142 Views)

02-20-2012 09:39 AM in reply to: hinde

It works once i set the variable to "0" and then close the drawing and re-open it.

Thanks

carl.young22
Message 5 of 5 (4,339 Views)

05-15-2014 08:39 AM in reply to: hinde

My understanding of the situation is that whatever you PAPERSPACE scale sets the simplest way to get lines to look as they ought. 

For example: If your paper space scale is 1" = 40", then your line would ultimately be "one four-hundred and eighty-ith" when you get it into paper space. So, your dashed line that looks great form 1 foot away is going to look solid from 480 feet away; right? 

The way you fix this is set the lts equal to 480 times the size it ought to be in MODELSPACE and the reciprocal, 1/480 (0.002), in paper space. This will make the line show up like it would if everything was 1 to 1 all around. 

Works for me. Hope it works for you. 

Good luck. 

~C2

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!