AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Valued Contributor
Grampster
Message 1 of 1 (193 Views)

Line number problems

193 Views, 0 Replies
05-29-2012 12:05 PM

The default Line Number prohibits redundant use of line numbers. However, the line numbers are assigned numerically despite the service. In other words, you are forced to use P-101, DR-102, ST-103, but you can't have P-102, P-103. Line lists would be sorted only by number, not service-number. Using on-line Autodesk instructions, I created a new Line Group Format "Svce-Line Number". Now I can assign P-102, P-103. BUT . . . P&ID will no longer restrict me from having two or three SEPARATE lines with P-102! In Pipe Line Group Settings, there appears to be no way to prevent redundancy in the new format. I no longer get the warning that the tag is already assigned. How can I prevent redundancy in the new format?

Sunetic Services
Owner/Consultant
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.