Heckmeck
Message 1 of 5 (691 Views)
Accepted Solution

Layers - Annotations

691 Views, 4 Replies
10-30-2012 01:49 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have a little problem.

I have two different styles of annotations for each symbol. In the project configuration, I set each annotation to a different layer, so I can switch between the two styles, by switching on/off the respective layers.

Unfortunately, when I place a new annotation, it is not inserted on its supposed layer, but on the layer of its P&ID symbol.

I tried to manually change the layers of the annotations, but after a while the layers just switch back to their original layer.

Do you have any tips for that? Maybe it's more of an Autocad problem....

Do you have "Use Target Property" turned on for the annotations? If yes, it will use whatever layer that the symbol is using.

And changing layer does not work for annotations, it will always reset to default.

*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 2 of 5 (684 Views)

Re: Layers - Annotations

10-30-2012 04:11 AM in reply to: Heckmeck

Do you have "Use Target Property" turned on for the annotations? If yes, it will use whatever layer that the symbol is using.

And changing layer does not work for annotations, it will always reset to default.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Valued Contributor
Heckmeck
Message 3 of 5 (667 Views)

10-30-2012 11:55 PM in reply to: Heckmeck

Thanks for your answer!

Hmm...does not sound good. I have many target object properties in the block of the annotation.

Just for a try, I changed them all to "non"-target objects,.... they still work but the chosen layer remains still the layer of the p&id block.

Do you have any other tricks for achieving a drawing with two different sets of annotations? (easy switchable)

Valued Contributor
Heckmeck
Message 4 of 5 (662 Views)

10-31-2012 12:32 AM in reply to: Rave.Tam

Ohhh, my bad. I thought, you mean the target propertys inside the annotation block.

Now it works like a charm!

Thanks a lot!

*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 5 of 5 (657 Views)

10-31-2012 03:37 AM in reply to: Heckmeck
Glad it works for you
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.