AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 1 of 4 (435 Views)

I accidentally deleted Project Report xmls - Need back

435 Views, 3 Replies
11-08-2012 07:28 PM

I accidentally deleted some of the project report templates and need them back so I can use them to start custom reports for their respective classes. For instance, I was in the project setup and went to reports and accidentally deleted the instrument list report template. Now I don't know how to create a custom report for instrumentation for use in the data manager.

I tried copying xmls from the default project over to my "ReportTemplates" folder for my specific project, but my project setup still doesn't bring them in.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 2 of 4 (419 Views)

Re: I accidentally deleted Project Report xmls - Need back

11-09-2012 03:14 AM in reply to: craig.wood

There's an entry in the database.

Usually what i does is make a new report in Project Setup (doesn't matter what template you use), then replace the generated xml with the one you have.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Valued Contributor
Heckmeck
Message 3 of 4 (414 Views)

11-09-2012 06:01 AM in reply to: Rave.Tam

I tried this some weeks ago.

If you have no templates left, you can't create a report from scratch.....

Also, have you ever noticed, that you can't create a report for EngineeringItems?

Modifying an existing report template.xml can do the trick, but seriously.....

Valued Contributor
Heckmeck
Message 4 of 4 (413 Views)

11-09-2012 06:03 AM in reply to: craig.wood

Oh and you need to put an additional entry in the ISO_PnIdPart.xml to make your new report work!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.