AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Mentor
gschimmi
Message 1 of 8 (509 Views)

end connections not shown

509 Views, 7 Replies
10-29-2012 06:03 AM

Hi

in the PID we have valves with flanged end connections. At only one PC the the flanges are not shown in the drawing. When I set the end connections to 'flanged' again at this PC I can the the flanges....

Any ideas?

Thanks

G

Plant3D 2014 German
WIN7
Product Support
gersteb
Message 2 of 8 (490 Views)

Re: end connections not shown

10-30-2012 08:07 AM in reply to: gschimmi

Hi Guido,

This sounds strange. What if you log in on this computer with a different user account? The same behavior?

Regards

Bernd

Bernd Gerstenberger
Mentor
gschimmi
Message 3 of 8 (471 Views)

11-01-2012 10:10 PM in reply to: gersteb

Hi Bernd

yes it is the same with a different user account.

Best regards

Plant3D 2014 German
WIN7
Product Support
gersteb
Message 4 of 8 (440 Views)

11-06-2012 02:47 AM in reply to: gschimmi

Hi Guido,

I'm sorry for the late answer because of Public holiday and one day vacation.

It sounds here that there is something saved in the local data cache on one local machine. So double click on this machine the PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe which you will find directly in the install direction of Plant 3D. This will delete your Persistent Local Data Cache here. Afterwards just audit your project.

Purging the local data cache will not delete, remove or corrupt your projects and the cache will rebuild again as soon as a particular project is opened. You can also consider running this tool when you see low disk space on your C drive. This will purge the local cache, so that you can release disk space usually used by completed projects. After PLDC has been cleaned, opening the project and drawing may take longer than usual as the cache will have to be re-built. Usually it will be the first time project is being used after PLDC purge.

Regards

Bernd

Bernd Gerstenberger
Product Support
gersteb
Message 5 of 8 (439 Views)

11-06-2012 02:48 AM in reply to: gersteb

PLDC  = Persisten Local Data Cache

See also more information here:

http://mangeshkalbhor.wordpress.com/2011/04/15/tips-and-tricks-purge-pldc-after-restoring-backed-up-...

Bernd Gerstenberger
Mentor
gschimmi
Message 6 of 8 (417 Views)

11-08-2012 03:17 AM in reply to: gersteb

Hi Bernd

unfortunatly that didn't help. How does PID control the display of the end connections? I think there is no special layer for that...Can I switch the visibility of the end connections in different drawings (the end connections shall be seen in a PID but not in a PFD, but there are the same valves in both drawings)

Our next problem is that on a PC where you can see the end connections, you can't see the end connections in a drawing where the original drawing is inserted as a xref.

Thanks in advance

Guido

Plant3D 2014 German
WIN7
Product Support
gersteb
Message 7 of 8 (412 Views)

11-08-2012 04:38 AM in reply to: gschimmi

Hi Guido,

The end connection is on the same layer as the valve: Mechanical. So if this layer is turned off the valve and the end connection will be turned off together. If you have attached a drawing as a XREF the name of the layer is by default '<name of the xref'ed file>|Mechanical'. So this can be turned off but you should not see the valve, too. What you mean with PFD? Do you mean P3D?

Please, try the following: Delete the content of the following folder:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Note: This is the path for 64bit machine with .NET-Framework version 4.0. If you use 32bit or version 3.5 the path is a little bit different.

If this doesn't help, please, let me know. I will create a FTP-site for you. Then you can send me your project with some snapshots.

Regards

Bernd

Bernd Gerstenberger
Mentor
gschimmi
Message 8 of 8 (408 Views)

11-08-2012 05:40 AM in reply to: gersteb

Hi Bernd

the directory was empty.

PFD: Process flow diagram, not detailed like a PID

best regards

Plant3D 2014 German
WIN7
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.