AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

cyklosarin
Message 1 of 4 (519 Views)

End connection for fittings / piping specialty items in AutoCAD P&ID

519 Views, 3 Replies
02-04-2013 04:40 AM

Hello,

It is possible to create property for identify end connections (welded, flanged) for fittings / piping specialty items as for hand valves in AutoCAD P&ID? I need to showflanged steap traps and y-type strainer on P&ID. Thanks in advance

Regards

Valued Contributor
georgeendrulat
Message 2 of 4 (509 Views)

Re: End connection for fittings / piping specialty items in AutoCAD P&ID

02-04-2013 07:01 AM in reply to: cyklosarin

I tried everything I could think of, and nothing worked.  If it were me: I'd utilize different graphical styles for the item itself to differentiate between end types and manually insert flanges when needed.  That's the best I could come up with.  I looked through the database itself to see where the system property "EndConnections" resided, no luck.  Tried to create it manually, but the list seems to be a secret.  Tried setting the speciality item symbol to auto-nozzle, that was a disaster. If you or anyone here figures it out, please post it.

cyklosarin
Message 3 of 4 (496 Views)

02-04-2013 10:02 AM in reply to: cyklosarin

Thanks for the reply.

I Also tried to pick manually "EndConnectionts" property but without effect. I think it is somehow hardcoded by soft. For now the only way (beside what you wrote) is to pick such elements under "hand valves" & "instruments" category.

Valued Contributor
georgeendrulat
Message 4 of 4 (490 Views)

02-04-2013 10:59 AM in reply to: cyklosarin

That's something I didn't consider.  Re-create the items under handvalves.  That's a solution, all be it a not so great one, but it should work.  I'm going to test it some more.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.