AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

alansmithee01
Message 1 of 2 (419 Views)

dense P&IDs & solutions for it !? :)

419 Views, 1 Replies
11-06-2012 09:32 PM

what is the best way forwards when a P&ID drawing beomes increasingly dense with information ?

1. is it wise to split it into two sheets ? (what problems are there if they are split, i.e. speed of access, numbering of documents etc)

2. using a block to replace repetitive functional blocks, and show this block else where for detailed description ?

(i.e. pump 1, pump 2 etc all inside a small block, and the functional block for pump explained else where for reference)

If these two aren't good enough, what other solutions are there for higly dense P&IDs ?

Thanks !

:smileyhappy:

Employee
JarrodMudford
Message 2 of 2 (416 Views)

Re: dense P&IDs & solutions for it !? :)

11-06-2012 11:04 PM in reply to: alansmithee01

Go with Option 1.
Don't worry about the points you noted down. This is exactly why AutoCAD P&ID is here. to solve all those issues for you.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.