AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Valued Contributor
Carl_mgfx
Message 1 of 4 (223 Views)

Custom Reducer block

223 Views, 3 Replies
02-10-2014 06:22 AM

Good day All

I am at the point where I'm pulling my hair out and I feel I'm probably just missing something small.

I've created Reducer class definitions and checked the following:

• Class Definition settings are the same as the standard reducer (except for added properties)
  • Symbol Setting are identical
  • The same annotation is set as well
  • The block has AttachmentPoint 1 and 2
  • The "Fixed Reducer Style" annotation shows the sizes correctly 2"x4"
  • The "Adjacent Pipe Reducer Style" annotation only shows ,x,
  • When I double click the "Adjacent Pipe Reducer Style" the "Edit Annotation" dialog shows the correct pipe sizes, clicking OK updates the drawing to show them. 2"x4"
  • But if any of the connected pipes are changed (2" to 1" as example) the annotations are reset to ,x,
  • The reducer symbol also does not automatically switch direction when sized are changed (2"x4" to 2"x1")

What may be causing the annotations to not automatically show the pipe sizes?  It will an issue (and time consuming) if the designers have to always edit the reducer annotation to get the sizes to show!

If someone could point me in the direction of a outline on how to create the reducer block correctly or explain this process, that would be greatly appreciated!!!

Like I said I seem to be missing something and I'm starting to think its my brain :smileylol:

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Gigabyte Q1542, Win 7 Pro 64Bit, i5 - 3230M, 8 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics with Nvidia GeForce 640M / 2GB and Optimus
Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 2 of 4 (205 Views)

Re: Custom Reducer block

02-11-2014 10:28 AM in reply to: Carl_mgfx

I was able to able to create a new reducer and basically following the workflow you described. However, I did not see the issue when I went and changed the pipe sizes. I used the existing reducer annotation and did not create any new annotation. Is there a chance you might be using custom annotation? Here is how the default configuration is setup.

picture0001.png

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Valued Contributor
Carl_mgfx
Message 3 of 4 (197 Views)

02-11-2014 11:21 PM in reply to: quentin.contreras

Hi Quentin

Thanks for the info.

What I did was take an existing class definition and did the following

• Add symbol (block attached)
  • Adjusted the symbol settings (Edit Symbol)
  • Added some other properties to be included for quoting reasons
  • Used default Annotation (Adjacent Pipe Reducer Style)

Maybe the issue is with the block?  I have attached the block, this was a direct wblock from the projSymbolStyle.dwg

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Gigabyte Q1542, Win 7 Pro 64Bit, i5 - 3230M, 8 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics with Nvidia GeForce 640M / 2GB and Optimus
Contributor
danecaveman
Message 4 of 4 (77 Views)

05-27-2014 11:43 AM in reply to: Carl_mgfx

Wish someone could make a video of how to do this! Keep me posted..

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.