AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Contributor
jwedeking00
Message 1 of 3 (376 Views)

Control Valve Block Problems

376 Views, 2 Replies
12-18-2012 05:00 PM

Have you guys ever seen anything like this before?  It is only doing this in one particular drawing.  I've audited/compressed/purged/etc. 

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 2 of 3 (327 Views)

Re: Control Valve Block Problems

12-21-2012 02:20 PM in reply to: jwedeking00

When did you get the message? Does this happen when you try to place a new control valve? Does it allow you to try to substitute a valve? Does this happen when you place a normal valve as well? 

Have you tried to remove the drawing from the project?

1) Close out of all drawings, Remove Drawing from P&ID Drawings

2) Audit Project

3) Close the P&ID

3) Locate drawing in Explorer

4) Rename the drawing file, other than the name it was saved as in the project

5) Open P&ID and Open project and Audit project again

6) Use Open to open the renamed drawing file, select drawing to copy clip (Ctrl + C)

7) Create a New Drawing in the P&ID Drawings and give it the original name

8) Paste (Ctrl + V) the drawing

9) You might get ? next to the tag, just right click to edit tag and ok to close and the ? should be removed

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Contributor
jwedeking00
Message 3 of 3 (307 Views)

Re: Control Valve Block Problems

12-24-2012 09:17 AM in reply to: jwedeking00

I copied the drawing and the block still acted the same way.  I removed the drawing from the project and started over and everything seems fine.  Thanks

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.