Contributor
kgresham
Message 1 of 9 (1,070 Views)
Accepted Solution

Change Project FONT

1070 Views, 8 Replies
03-11-2011 07:10 AM

Hi All,

Do you know if there is a way to change the Project Font globally?

I've read this can be done in projSymbolStyle.dwg but im unaware of the steps to make it work. I open that drawing and its blank so from there im lost. Could someone point me to a "How To" or help me out with the steps to make this happen?

This is the final step I need to do to complete our company template, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kevin

Hello,

The projSymbolStyle.dwg is not really empty. All blocks and settings are there. What you should do is open the file projSymbolStyle.dwg, and type  at the command prompt '_style .

Will open the Text Styles dialog setting. There will appear all texts's styles .

Generally the style you must change is the "Standard"  , change the "Font Name", but leave the field "Height" always "0 ".
If you want to change the text size is not there.

To go deeper check:

Verifique o: AutoCAD® P&ID Advance Customization: Tags, Annotation, and Symbols
http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=3278

Distinguished Contributor
Gabriel.N
Message 2 of 9 (1,038 Views)

Re: Change Project FONT

03-15-2011 02:24 AM in reply to: kgresham

Hello,

The projSymbolStyle.dwg is not really empty. All blocks and settings are there. What you should do is open the file projSymbolStyle.dwg, and type  at the command prompt '_style .

Will open the Text Styles dialog setting. There will appear all texts's styles .

Generally the style you must change is the "Standard"  , change the "Font Name", but leave the field "Height" always "0 ".
If you want to change the text size is not there.

To go deeper check:

Verifique o: AutoCAD® P&ID Advance Customization: Tags, Annotation, and Symbols
http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=3278

Contributor
kgresham
Message 3 of 9 (1,031 Views)

03-15-2011 07:33 AM in reply to: Gabriel.N

Thank you for the input Gabriel.

That is exactly what I needed. I previously was following these steps but I was changing the Text "Style" from Standard to the new font instead of changing the "Font Name" in the pull down menu. Thank you a lot for your help, now on to figuring out how to globally change the text width haha. Thanks again!

Kevin

Contributor
debbiewhite7894
Message 4 of 9 (665 Views)

05-09-2012 11:31 AM in reply to: kgresham

If you find a way please let me know.

thanks,

debbie.white @urscorp.com
Mentor
craig.wood
Message 5 of 9 (637 Views)

05-15-2012 09:01 AM in reply to: debbiewhite7894

This can also be done in a drawing template file.

1. Create a new drawing in the project manager (This will be your template for all newly created drawings)

2. Use the command: '_style

3. Set your preferred text style, and set it as current.

4. Save the file as a .dwt in the "Related Files" folder.

5. You can remove the original .dwg drawing from the Project Manager at this point. Close all drawings.

6. Open the Project Setup menu and under "Paths" - "Drawing template file (DWT):" select the .dwt file that you just saved out.

7. Create new drawings within the Project Manager and they should now have the font/text style that you desire.

I hope this solves your problem, good luck!

Craig

Contributor
debbiewhite7894
Message 6 of 9 (632 Views)

05-15-2012 11:10 AM in reply to: craig.wood

I set up a dwt template to use with desired Standard style font (width and height)  before I began drawings, did not change width of Out of box PIP block text when inserted.  Did this work for you?  I'm begining to think maybe I should reinstall?

thanks,

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 7 of 9 (628 Views)

05-15-2012 04:10 PM in reply to: debbiewhite7894

I'm running 2013, so I can't say if it works in other versions. Also, I'm only using custom annotation blocks that I made, although when I created them, the text style was set to the same font as my template file, so that might be another variable to consider...

Contributor
debbiewhite7894
Message 8 of 9 (612 Views)

05-16-2012 08:13 AM in reply to: craig.wood

Thanks, for the info.  Using 2012 and out of the box PIP symbols.  Do you think 2013 less clitchy then 2012?  Improvements?

Mentor
craig.wood
Message 9 of 9 (598 Views)

05-19-2012 04:23 PM in reply to: debbiewhite7894

I have seen a few of the same glitches in 2013 that I was seeing in 2012, but either have already mentally marked the "pot holes" to watch out for, and/or 2013 might be a tad more stable. As time goes on, the program is becoming more stable that what it used to be in its infancy, so it's not perfect, but it is very usuable and has some really awesome features that no other software out there has.

Good luck on your projects!

Craig

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.