AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Contributor
jbrumbau
Message 1 of 2 (326 Views)

Cannot create field "Capacity" for Equipment; Also, selection lists + Access

326 Views, 1 Replies
07-18-2012 08:56 AM

In Project Setup under P&ID Class Defitions:

I want to define a field called "Capacity" for all equipment, but I get the following error:

The property name you are attempting to create already exists in the derived class <Tanks>. Enter a unique name.

Examples of things I want to add a capacity for are:

• Pumps: GPM
  • Filters: DSCFM
  • Air Dryer: SCFM
  • Heater: KW
  • Exhaust Fan: SCFM
  • Hoists & Rigs: Tons

How can I get around this issue?

Also, I would like to know if it is possible to link a Selection List to an Access database. Examples include a manufacturer list, instrument types & functions list, device types & model numbers list, pipe classes, and valve classes.

Thanks,

Jesse.

Contributor
jbrumbau
Message 2 of 2 (321 Views)

Re: Cannot create field "Capacity" for Equipment; Also, selection list

07-18-2012 11:45 AM in reply to: jbrumbau

I figured out how to get the capacity working. I removed it from all sub classes (such as tank), then added it to Equipment. I also had to do the same with DesignTemperature, DesignPressure, Voltage, Phase, Frequency, and Power.

Now, I would still like to know how to link a Selection List to an Access database.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!