AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Contributor
jwedeking00
Message 1 of 7 (584 Views)

Batch Plot not preserving line gaps

584 Views, 6 Replies
07-08-2012 11:28 AM

If I print a drawing one by one to pdf the line gaps are preserved (linebreak.jpg).  If I use the batch plot feature to print drawings to pdf the line gaps are not preserved (linebreak2.jpg).  I am using the DWG to PDF.pc3 driver.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 2 of 7 (553 Views)

Re: Batch Plot not preserving line gaps

07-10-2012 04:10 PM in reply to: jwedeking00

Let's try this. Go ahead and plot, not using Publish, another drawing and and make sure it is working correctly. If it looks good, then go to plot again. At the top of the Plot window there is "Page setup". You can then "Add...", Enter a name for the set up you want and OK it. Then go to Publish and select the drawing you want to publish. For just seeing if this works I would just select the one drawing you just plotted. Then on the line where the drawing is showing, there is a column for "Page Setup". If you click and select it you should see the name of the Page Setup you typed in. Select that name. Then try to print it again. Also, what version on AutoCAD P&ID are you using?

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Contributor
jwedeking00
Message 3 of 7 (545 Views)

07-11-2012 04:58 AM in reply to: quentin.contreras

I created a new page setup for printing and I tried the suggestion with the same result.  I am using Plant 3d 2013.

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 4 of 7 (529 Views)

07-17-2012 09:14 AM in reply to: jwedeking00

Have you tried to run the SYNCHSTYLES prior to running your Publishing? Access one of the drawings your are having problems with and at the command prompt type SYNCHSTYLES. After it runs, then save your drawing. Try running the Publish again and see if that fixes it.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 5 of 7 (510 Views)

07-26-2012 08:44 AM in reply to: jwedeking00

Another thing to try is to Disable Publish in Background in your Publish options and to make sure no non-related drawings are open in the background.

Quentin Contreras
Valued Contributor
nickseman
Message 6 of 7 (414 Views)

09-05-2012 07:41 AM in reply to: jwedeking00

We are experiencing this same issue with P&ID 2012.  We have tried all above recommendations.  Any further ideas?

Thanks;

Nick

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 7 of 7 (406 Views)

09-05-2012 09:49 AM in reply to: nickseman

If you are having the problem on both 2012 and 2013 it might be hardware/network related with the printer. If the printer is set up on the network, you might try to hook up directly to the printer and see if the problem is network related. Might want to ask your IT department look into it as well. Did you apply my last suggestion "Another thing to try is to Disable Publish in Background in your Publish options and to make sure no non-related drawings are open in the background" with trying it in 2012 as well?

Quentin Contreras
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.