AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Valued Contributor
georgeendrulat
Message 1 of 2 (364 Views)

Automatic long description within off page connector?

364 Views, 1 Replies
01-17-2013 08:40 AM

My company requested that I implement the long description of the service within the offpage connectors.  So if the service is "H" the top line in the off page connector would read "HYDROGEN".  And have that automatically applied.  And we utilize 50+ service abbreviations.  While I could just set it to a string value and type it in or at best create a new list and set the property to that list, but both of these options are not automatic.  Is there any way to make this automatic?  If we could use dynamic blocks I could use a lookup table.  If we could use fields I could write a diesel expression.  But both of these are not options within P&ID.

I really would appreciate any help anyone can give, even if it's just getting me on the right path.

tl;dr: if line service is "H" I would like off page connector to read "Hydrogen" automatically.

Contributor
cornevanstee
Message 2 of 2 (83 Views)

Re: Automatic long description within off page connector?

03-14-2014 08:44 AM in reply to: georgeendrulat

Is there a solution available for this problem already? I'm searching for the answer to this problem aswell.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.