AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

KBKerstetter
Message 1 of 6 (1,244 Views)

AutoCAD P&ID 3D 2013 Batch Plot

1244 Views, 5 Replies
02-13-2013 08:49 AM

I am currently having a small bit annoying issue when plotting my P&IDs. The line breaks on my drawings are not coming through when I Batch Plot hard copies to submit, but will come thru when I print the sheets individually. I thought that I had a possible driver issue with my printer, but after verifying the latest drivers are installed the problem still persists. I have checked the settings in P3D and and the printer. I have come up with nothing that might change between batch plot and good ole regular plotting.

If anyone has a suggestion, please share...

Valued Contributor
georgeendrulat
Message 2 of 6 (1,238 Views)

Re: AutoCAD P&ID 3D 2013 Batch Plot

02-13-2013 10:21 AM in reply to: KBKerstetter

What happens when you batch plot to pdf? 

KBKerstetter
Message 3 of 6 (1,235 Views)

02-13-2013 10:26 AM in reply to: georgeendrulat

I get the same result batch plotting to PDF. However DWF produces an acceptable result. Problem is that the Engineers don't want DWF's and the Designers don't want to have to batch plot a set of DWFs and then either print them or convert them to PDF.

Valued Contributor
georgeendrulat
Message 4 of 6 (1,229 Views)

02-13-2013 10:42 AM in reply to: KBKerstetter

Yep, makes sense.  I was asking about the plotting to pdf as it would elimate a driver issue with the plotter.  So if you have the same results with the plotter and pdf it's an autocad issue.  You also stated that it is only the line breaks that aren't batch plotting.

Other questions:

Are you using autocads batch plot or right clicking on "P&ID drawings" under the project manager and selecting "Publish"?

Are you selecting the paperspace layout or the model space model when selecting items to publish?

Have you tried changing the type of line break that P&ID uses to Loop instead of Gap?  Does that have the same results with publishing?  Just to test I mean.

Are you using a custom CTB/STB file that would inadvertantly change the plot scheme of the breaks?  Have you tried a non-custom one for the paper space page layout?

If you export the drawing(s) outside of P&ID and try to batch plot/publish is it the same results?

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 5 of 6 (1,199 Views)

02-15-2013 11:20 AM in reply to: KBKerstetter

Just to verify, you are using the Publish option with P&ID? If that is the case then, there are a couple of things you could try to resolve the issue that has worked for others. First, is to Disable the Publish in background option located in the Publish window. The other thing to try is to make sure no non-realted drawings are open in the background when you are Publishing.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Mentor
craig.wood
Message 6 of 6 (1,175 Views)

02-18-2013 09:04 AM in reply to: quentin.contreras

I had similar problems of line gaps and end connections not plotting, but as Quentin pointed out, if you are publishing, make sure to uncheck "publish in the background". It may take a bit longer, but it will give you the same results you would get if you were to plot each one individually (ie: line gaps and end connections will plot).

Craig

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!